BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

For those who are interested.  This evening (L) Train open house with discussion of M14SBS service set to begin in June.

Meeting taking place at 14th Street Y: 344 East 14th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues. Presentation starts at 6:00PM. 

Edited by Future ENY OP
Time correction

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

According to BusTime, an S94 LTD trip left the ferry at 7 PM tonight, the 6:45 PM wasn't late and came on time, so I'm assuming that this is an extra trip since no S94 buses are scheduled between 6:45 PM and 9 PM.

I noticed that a few days ago too. Maybe there is  scheduled 7:00pm trip and it just wasn’t added to the schedule.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

10 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Cracks me up that these idiots rush to scrap the functional RTS fleet and now there's shortage that requires loans across the borough...oops.

That's what happens when people decide to play the hero while conveniently forgetting to look into the finer details.

7 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Cracks me up that these idiots rush to scrap the functional RTS fleet and now there's shortage that requires loans across the borough...oops.

#facts upon facts. 

If you want to get creative in this situation NG’s to Ulmer Park (but I know in this reality it won’t happen but it could lessen their shortage). Let them keep borrowing from East New York. Also, are they (UP) due some more XD40’s? 

7 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Now watch those same people complain about missing buses.

QV finally started making (some of) their 2019 LFS trackable (aside from 8511 which was the only trackable one for a while).. Hopefully we'll start seeing more images as people start hunting them down on bustime...

Edited by Orion6025
clarification on 8511

3 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

QV finally started making (some of) their 2019 LFS trackable (aside from 8511 which was the only trackable one for a while).. Hopefully we'll start seeing more images as people start hunting them down on bustime...

Which is kind of sad to me, honestly.....

Before BusTime was a thing, it was a type of accomplishment to find a brand new bus out of the blue without the assist of trackers and such. It was a good feeling to be able to do that.

Nowadays, fans rely on trackers waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, which is both lazy and sad in my opinion.

Folks can make up the excuse of "omg I don't wanna stay out there all day" or similar types of excuses, but the fact is, trackers kinda killed fanning in my opinion. The spontaneity of it all is gone.