BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Yep, that also... You're up on the buses, so is the B44 all artics now? When I take the BM3 to Sheepshead Bay that's all I see now...

No, but you will see a lot of artics there as it's the only line they are sent to. Still waiting on the B44sbs thing... at this point they may as well put the artics on the b44 limited and 'adjust' (space them out) the runs and free up some buses for the other lines.

Try maneuver at the Kings Plaza bus stop terminal... the B9 spot which a lot of B9 B/Os hate it.

I wonder if they should switch the B9 and B2 spots or maybe have both share the b2 spot?

Fur the umpteenth time, an artic can do anywhere a 40' bus can go...

I don't think it's the turn, it's about the length. Can they have 2 artics there without anything blocking the entrance?

Edited by Grand Concourse

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't emphasized this enough... but they desperately need a 60 foot bus on the Q60 when school comes out. The runs that stop at 38 Street & Queens Blvd at 3:35 and 3:45 (Which are always late because of the crowds) get so packed that no one can get on after 38 St & Queens Blvd, sometimes even after 35 Street & Queens Blvd. The crowds seem to stick to the front, and even when they do move to the back people are still packed up to the front door. A 60 foot would relieve the crowds, even though the bus would still be very crowded.

Now if only the MTA saw this post, because it would help alot if they do this! (It's only needed on school days only, other times it's okay. It's just the school kids that pack the bus, but when school comes out they really do pack the bus!)

I wish CP can get some Artics. The Q64 in the morning needs two sometimes three buses running at the same time so that there won't be people left behind and those buses are packed also. The Q25 and Q65 need them as well because sometimes they also run two buses at a time mainly on Saturday though . But of course the MTA is not going to do that and would rather make things complicated. I hate it when two buses pass the stop because they are too crowded. The Q17 and Q88 had the same crowding problem and they need to run more buses on the Q17 in the morning towards Jamaica.

I wish CP can get some Artics. The Q64 in the morning needs two sometimes three buses running at the same time so that there won't be people left behind and those buses are packed also. The Q25 and Q65 need them as well because sometimes they also run two buses at a time mainly on Saturday though . But of course the MTA is not going to do that and would rather make things complicated. I hate it when two buses pass the stop because they are too crowded. The Q17 and Q88 had the same crowding problem and they need to run more buses on the Q17 in the morning towards Jamaica.

Did you get your ride-a-guide yet?  :D

Did you get your ride-a-guide yet? :D

Lol

But yeah, even with the 2-4 minute headways the Q88 has during the AM rush, the school kids usually clog the buses by 108 street, letting no one get in.

You'll have 2 buses, one sardine canned, and another even more sardine canned. However by Utopia its alleviated a bit. By 188, its all fine (good thing I get on the Q88 before the school stops going back).

I did my 17th walking of a route yesterday(I know. I'm crazy). Did the Bx17 from Fordham Plaza to Port Morris. Got some really good shots cause that's one of the best routes to get close up pictures(for the most part). The streets are pretty open as far as being able to stand without interfering with cars or other parked vehicles or construction. As for the route and ride back itself, it's an interesting route. Really just serves 4 places: Fordham, Crotona and Prospect Avenues and 135th and 138th Streets. When I was on a couple of express buses this week, I could see the next to last stop going to Port Morris from the Bruckner Boulevard. I got 266 coming back. A smooth ride and friendly driver. Only issue is a car that wouldn't turn as we looped back to Fordham Plaza. Issue happened at the entrance back into the Plaza. Driver did a good job pulling up short or we could've had real issues. All in all, one of the best i've experienced.

Could you post a link to this?Ive never seen it or heard of it for that matter...

I believe he's talking about this brochure, 1988's "Service Improvements Since 1904":

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/files/file/88-1988-service-improvements-since-1904-brochure/

I can't be sure, though, because I don't yet have the ability to download links from the forum. I don't know what I have to do to get that ability, though, does anyone know? I also can't access PMs, chat or the links page.

Edited by nycmaps

I was on a 93xx RTS on the B38(GA local) today and I said to myself the bus was gonna break down because it kept making weird noises and eventually it did on Lafayette & Calton. And some guy cursed the bus driver out asking him why it happened lmao but he ain't even respond.

Edited by E For Erica