BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed on Sunday for the first time that Bustime for Queens included estimated arrival times, not just distance from stop. I guess the test phase in the Bronx worked well. It was very accurate for the EXP buses I took today, but there was very little traffic on the route. We will see how it plays out with rush hour traffic this week.

On the negative side, I've notice that the official MTA Bustime app has gotten really messed up since a program update last week. It freezes after you check a stop for the first time. 

Edited by QM1to6Ave

The minutes countdown could prove more helpful, gauging traffic delays and dwell times at stops before you.  Depending on when you start tracking your bus, might be more informative as to what type of bus to be prepared for -- sardine can or an optimistic possibility of a seat.

Since when did NB Q53's run on Justice Avenue? I saw a bus on bustime along Justice Avenue, which I believe has been changed because I've never seen that routing on bustime.

that looks like a new change. I wonder where the new Q53 bus stop is at Justice Ave and Broadway. Both google maps and bustime show the bus stop at corner of Broadway and Justice Ave where the Q58 is. Does that mean the bus stop goes moved on the other side of the corner?

i guess they want to try to avoid the traffic at Broadway and queens blvd.