BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the B6 at Coney Island Avenue and Avenue J count?

I know there's one at the depot on Harway Avenue.

That's not a relief point. It's just the turn around for the shot trips.

Also there's the B36 relief up at Stillwell Ave and Surf Ave 

And the B74 at Stillwell  Terminal (Mermaid Ave)

No

Anyways I found this on page 15

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/170123_1345_CPOC.pdf

MTA_zpsmpkpqncz.png

Also There was some other interesting stuff about new windows and new Driver side design for Nova buses.

Dope so they have the layout of the new scheme for the Novas. Looks good

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I honestly haven't seen 5987, i wonder what they're doing to it. It is very sporadic, sometimes it will pop up and sometimes a wk of absence. All i can say is good luck catching it and the last time I saw it was monday of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

It was in Main street around 3 PM yesterday going to the Bronx.

Avoid Flushing at all cost the fire @ Roosevelt made everything a mess.

I've never seen a bigger sh*tshow at Flushing. Took me 45 minutes on the Q44-SBS on a ride that would regularly take 15. Traffic on College Point Blvd and Northern Blvd was FUBAR. Buses were literally everywhere, you had Q65s on Union Street and NIS buses all over the place. It was definitely the worst rush hour I've ever seen/been through..

Does anyone remember why the MTA purchased those ex-Liberty/Bee Line Orion Vs? I remember riding them a few times after they showed up in 2009, but then most were retired by 2013.  What was the point of purchasing used buses, not maintaining them, and retiring them after 4 years? Or was (MTA) defying logic as usual?

Edited by R10 2952

Does anyone remember why the MTA purchased those ex-Liberty/Bee Line Orion Vs? I remember riding them a few times after they showed up in 2009, but then most were retired by 2013.  What was the point of purchasing used buses, not maintaining them, and retiring them after 4 years? Or was  (MTA) defying logic as usual?

The hand-me-downs that were sent to MTA Bus were in such shitty shape that they had to resort to buying buses from Bee Line, in which those buses were in way better shape than the old RTSs some of those depots received. A fleet shortage also contributed to this since they scrapped way more buses than they should've at the time.

It didn't take long for those ex-Bee Line buses to fall under the terrible streets and bad maintenance problems.

Edited by Cait Sith

Quick question: if they have built up to 5990, then why do they only deliver one? Wouldnt it be easier and more efficient to deliver all of them? You can see if more problems arises from the buses.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Do we know for a fact that they've built up to 5990?

I've never seen a bigger sh*tshow at Flushing. Took me 45 minutes on the Q44-SBS on a ride that would regularly take 15. Traffic on College Point Blvd and Northern Blvd was FUBAR. Buses were literally everywhere, you had Q65s on Union Street and NIS buses all over the place. It was definitely the worst rush hour I've ever seen/been through..

The problem was the shuttle service that was non existent for the first hour the (7) shut down. At that time the LIRR was not cross honoring either. Dispatchers that were on college point just stopped any bus heading to the depo and told them to load up on passengers. Also the Q20 and Q44 where going all they way to Booth Memorial when Blossom was perfectly fine. Infact going through booth Memorial probably made it worse.

I wonder how the B100 ended up on Far Rockaway during Sundays and when did it start

SC used to closed be on Sundays and the B100 was the only route that had Sunday Service, so they ran the route out of FR on Sundays rather than open SC depot just to run one route. Its started shortly after Command & Green Lines was taken over by the MTA.