Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

MTA Service Status

Service Change

Posted: 01/24/2017 6:24PM

Due to ongoing signal problems at 59 St-Columbus Circle, the following service changes are in effect:

Both directions, (A) trains are running local from 125 St to Canal St.

Both directions, (B) and (D) trains are running with delays.

Both directions, there is no (C) train service between 168 St and Euclid Av.

As an alternative, customers can use (1), (2) and (3) trains making nearby station stops.

Allow additional travel time.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MTA Service Status

Service Change

Posted: 01/24/2017 6:24PM

Due to ongoing signal problems at 59 St-Columbus Circle, the following service changes are in effect:

Both directions, (A) trains are running local from 125 St to Canal St.

Both directions, (B) and (D) trains are running with delays.

Both directions, there is no (C) train service between 168 St and Euclid Av.

As an alternative, customers can use (1), (2) and (3) trains making nearby station stops.

I had to deal with this yesterday. I remember getting down to the (A)(B)(C)(D) platforms and seeing a large crowd, then finding out about the delay. Ended up taking the (1) to PABT, although the morons couldn't stop leaning on the doors and it took like 2-3 minutes to leave each stop.

I had to deal with this yesterday. I remember getting down to the (A)(B)(C)(D) platforms and seeing a large crowd, then finding out about the delay. Ended up taking the (1) to PABT, although the morons couldn't stop leaning on the doors and it took like 2-3 minutes to leave each stop.

I'm going to start taking screen shots of these ongoing delays.  I've been checking the (MTA) website at random times and there have been numerous delays every day this week. It hasn't even been that cold! Just imagine if we had really wintry weather.  Anyone who says that the subways are ok is delusional.  

Service Change  Posted: 01/25/2017 10:47AM 

Due to NYPD activity at Forest Hills-71 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains bypass Forest Hills-71 Av.

Both directions, e.png trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Both directions, f.png trains are running local from 21 St-Queensbridge to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Both directions, no m.png train service between Delancey St-Essex St and Forest Hills-71 Av.

Some northbound r.png trains terminate at 57 St-7 Av or via q.png line to 96 St.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take Q60 bus making nearby local stops.

Service Change  Posted: 01/25/2017  7:31PM 

Due to FDNY activity on Roosevelt Av between Main St and Prince causing smoke and water conditions at Flushing-Main St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no 7.png train service between Mets-Willets Point and Flushing-Main St in both directions.

7.png trains are running local with delays in both directions.

LIRR will cross honor at the following stations:

Penn Station, WoodsideMets-Willets Point and Flushing.

FDNY activity in the Flushing area is impacting 7 line service as well as area buses, with limited travel alternatives available.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Flushing was a real mess today.

Due to FDNY activity on Roosevelt Av between Main St and Prince causing smoke and water conditions at Flushing-Main St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no 7.png train service between Mets-Willets Point and Flushing-Main St in both directions.

FDNY activity in the Flushing area is impacting 7 line service as well as area buses, with limited travel alternatives available.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Flushing is really bad looking at the photos on twitter, and it's been going since 2pm today.

https://twitter.com/NYCTSubway/status/824452367525572608

Edited by IAlam

I was stuck in that mess!

Due to passenger injury at Grand Av-Newtown, the following service changes are in effect:

e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Some northbound e.png and 71 Av bound m.png trains terminate at Queens Plaza.

Some northbound f.png trains terminate at 21 St-Queensbridge.

Some 71 Av bound m.png trains are running on the j.png line from Delancey St-Essex St to Chambers St then terminate.

Northbound r.png trains are running express from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills-71 Av then running on the f.png line to Kew Garden-Union Tpke or Jamaica-179 St.

Some northbound r.png trains are terminating at 57 St-7 Av.

WOW! One passenger can cause serious travel headaches for hundreds of people. 

Due to passenger injury at Grand Av-Newtown, the following service changes are in effect:

e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Some northbound e.png and 71 Av bound m.png trains terminate at Queens Plaza.

Some northbound f.png trains terminate at 21 St-Queensbridge.

Some 71 Av bound m.png trains are running on the j.png line from Delancey St-Essex St to Chambers St then terminate.

Northbound r.png trains are running express from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills-71 Av then running on the f.png line to Kew Garden-Union Tpke or Jamaica-179 St.

Some northbound r.png trains are terminating at 57 St-7 Av.

Yep, definitely.

I wonder how (F) trains can terminate at Queensbridge and (R) s can terminate at Kew Gardens. Looking at the track map, it looks like there aren't any relaying tracks east of either station. The notice doesn't say anything about the (E) running local east of Forest Hills or the southbound (F) running via 53rd Street to accommodate these spontaneous changes.

Edited by agar io

Yep, definitely.

I wonder how (F) trains can terminate at Queensbridge and (R) s can terminate at Kew Gardens. Looking at the track map, it looks like there aren't any relaying tracks east of either station. The notice doesn't say anything about the (E) running local east of Forest Hills or the southbound (F) running via 53rd Street to accommodate these spontaneous changes.

There is a double crossover directly west of 21 st since it was formerly a terminal

At Kew Gardens the (R) can stay on the express tracks. There are yard leads and a single switch to the other express track east of the station. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

Due to passenger injury at Grand Av-Newtown, the following service changes are in effect:

e.png, f.png, m.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Some northbound e.png and 71 Av bound m.png trains terminate at Queens Plaza.

Some northbound f.png trains terminate at 21 St-Queensbridge.

Some 71 Av bound m.png trains are running on the j.png line from Delancey St-Essex St to Chambers St then terminate.

Northbound r.png trains are running express from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills-71 Av then running on the f.png line to Kew Garden-Union Tpke or Jamaica-179 St.

Some northbound r.png trains are terminating at 57 St-7 Av.

Someone got hit again. Possible drunk person stuck his head out over the platform and got struck. Dead on the scene.

There is a double crossover directly west of 21 st since it was formerly a terminal

At Kew Gardens the (R) can stay on the express tracks. There are yard leads and a single switch to the other express track east of the station. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

OK, thanks.

That would still mean that the southbound (F) would need to either run via the (E) to avoid conflicting with terminating trains, or operate a severely reduced service with S/B (F) s and terminating trains running on the same track at Queensbridge's S/B platform. But I see what you're saying.

OK, thanks.

That would still mean that the southbound (F) would need to either run via the (E) to avoid conflicting with terminating trains, or operate a severely reduced service with S/B (F) s and terminating trains running on the same track at Queensbridge's S/B platform. But I see what you're saying.

Agreed but I bet dollars to donuts that the (F) was already delayed Queens bound, so there was a delay turning trains at Jamaica. This leaves room to turn some trains, and is necessary to maintain service elsewhere.

The second one at the same spot in the past few days

UPDATED: QNS, 7 Trains, Derailmennt

Due to a derailment at Mets-Willets Point, the following service changes are in effect:

Main St bound 7 trains are running with delays.

Main St bound 7 trains are running express from 111 St to Flushing-Main St.

1/29/17 9:47 PM

NYC