SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

i think it still possible because iirc they installed a switch track after carroll st during the culver viaduct project. it possible the switch was still there and never got removed. that why it said express from bergen st to church ave.

That wasn't a regular switch. They severed both the local and express tracks in one area, then fused them together to make it seem like one continuous track. The way it was set up, all southbound local trains went express after Carroll St; one could not be on the express track at Carroll and continue south going express since it ended at a temporary bumper block.

That was all put back to normal after the project was done

Edited by Fresh Pond

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't really make sense to split a rush-hour only line, especially when the section in question was lightly used. The only time the Nassau M was split was during the '99 Williamsburg Bridge work (Met to Marcy and Essex to Broad/Chambers/Brooklyn depending on the time of day).

On wikipedia it says that the R40 School car 4162-4163 pair was transfered from East New York Yard to Concourse Yard for storage and then scrapped. Is this true? If so, when was it transfered and when was it scrapped? I know that wikipedia is not always accurate though. On nycsubway.org R40 page it says that it is still a school car at ENY. I know that it sometimes takes a while to get updated. Can someone tell me what happened to the pair.

We only have 1-2 pairs left now, it was scrapped last month

I was on the (J) this morning going to Manhattan and when the train got to Chauncey St, there was a R160 on the middle track that was signed up as a (J) to Atlantic Av - Barclays Center. First of all, I did not know that there was a program for that. Second, I find it weird that they have a program for that, but not for a (J) to Metropolitian Av.

I was on the (J) this morning going to Manhattan and when the train got to Chauncey St, there was a R160 on the middle track that was signed up as a (J) to Atlantic Av - Barclays Center. First of all, I did not know that there was a program for that. Second, I find it weird that they have a program for that, but not for a (J) to Metropolitian Av.

MTA logic...have programs for reroutes that would almost never happen but the simpler ones are non-existent

MTA logic...have programs for reroutes that would almost never happen but the simpler ones are non-existent

I'm still holding out for an E - WTC to 179 St via Hillside Local option. At this point, I'll take a full local option, but I bet you a dollar it won't be there when the E to 179 St GO comes up next month.

Did you get a picture? :drool:

On wikipedia it says that the R40 School car 4162-4163 pair was transfered from East New York Yard to Concourse Yard for storage and then scrapped. Is this true? If so, when was it transfered and when was it scrapped? I know that wikipedia is not always accurate though. On nycsubway.org R40 page it says that it is still a school car at ENY. I know that it sometimes takes a while to get updated. Can someone tell me what happened to the pair.

We only have 1-2 pairs left now, it was scrapped last month

Thanks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Was in brooklyn today doing sales for my job. 1st off, I only saw 2 R160s on the (F) :/ lol and 2nd, when I took the train going back there was another (F) on the express track on Church Ave. But it wasn't even going express. -_- That train almost trolled me. I'm glad I stayed on the train I was on.

But seriously, I'm saving up for a car now. I can't take actually using the subway anymore. I'm tired of looking at people.

Take the BM1/2/3/4 lol.

I'm still holding out for an E - WTC to 179 St via Hillside Local option. At this point, I'll take a full local option, but I bet you a dollar it won't be there when the E to 179 St GO comes up next month.

This gives me an idea. I sort of wanna make a list of the signs they don't have or should have.

After watching the Montague Tunnel repair update video on YouTube, I realized I've been pronouncing Montague incorrectly for years!

I've been pronouncing it "mon-taug" rather when the guy says "mon-ta-gue".  Damn I feel like an idiot.

Lol. Thats how I pronounce it as a native Noo Yawker. The moar you know.

Edited by realizm

After watching the Montague Tunnel repair update video on YouTube, I realized I've been pronouncing Montague incorrectly for years!

I've been pronouncing it "mon-taug" rather when the guy says "mon-ta-gue".  Damn I feel like an idiot.

Before the closure I also thought it was mon-taug