SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

5 minutes ago, Deucey said:

Wasn’t the original IND plan that the 8th Av Local end at WTC, Express goes to Bk, and the Bk local go between Euclid and Court St (or whatever the Transit Museum Station is called)?

Pretty much, hence the complete failure to connect the two in any meaningful way.

Perhaps that could change with the Worth Street provision and some changes to Phase 4.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MTA website claims delays to southbound trains going through DeKalb Avenue, but the trains seem fine. It’s the northbound trains that are crawling ((B)(Q)).

(N) to Manhattan are also running local to DeKalb Avenue…

Edited by CenSin

Yes, I’m noticing it now. They were redone by Awkwafina...well, except for “stand clear” and the transfers/connections (between GC and Vernon-Jackson, they played an announcement where she identified herself, that’s how I know it’s Awkwafina). She recorded a few PSA announcements too, like no man-spreading, using headphones and that seats are for people, not bags. And plenty of wisecracking, of course. I wondered why the (7) announcements sounded so cheery when I boarded at Grand Central.

Oh and she also says all the connections/transfers at 61st St, and even wishes you luck in catching your flight if you’re going to LaGuardia.

Edited by T to Dyre Avenue

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

imagine next time a show about the Bronx:

"yo this is the bronx bound (D) train. Welcome to the bronx m**th**f**ker" 😂

Umm, No. i for one find this Aquafina girl’s announcements very unprofessional. This is Yet Another picture of as to why the LIRR and it’s crew is treated and paid better than New York City Transit. 

Edited by VIP
Vivid details

1 hour ago, VIP said:

Umm, No. i for one find this Aquafina girl’s announcements very unprofessional. This is Yet Another picture of as to why the LIRR and it’s crew is treated and paid better than New York City Transit. 

I mean, if the MTA is getting paid, I cant complain too much. I don't find the announcements too obnoxious, but the 'stacks' one that goes off every other stop after the stop is made is completely unnecessary, IMO. 

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

I don't find the concept necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like if it was expanded to the Bronx, the choices could definitely get crazy. 

16 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

As long as the (7) continues to run every 2 and a half minutes during rush hour, they can bring in all the guest announcers they want.

Maybe having Fat Joe do (4) train announcements will keep the (MTA) from doing 16 minute headways on Jerome every third day.

Cardi B could do the door chimes. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Yesterday visiting family in Brooklyn i decided to take the (J) cause i had a little time on hand and to see if a R42 happens to pop up....1st 4 sets was R143's  ...What i notice is that ppl on the train was being confused of the strip map  that show's only (L) stops...(MTA) to me should have made those just like the 179/160 Find maps....Considering that they can run on all there lines...Just my opinion

That is because R143 was made before R160 and R179. They copied the strip map style from R142 and R142A. Plus they are being used temporary on the (J) Line until R179 come back to service soon. They were originally made just for the (L) Line.

Edited by bwwnyc123

3 minutes ago, bwwnyc123 said:

That is because R143 was made before R160 and R179. They copied the strip map style from R142 and R142A. Plus they are being used temporary on the (J) Line until R179 come back to service soon. They were originally made just for the (L) Line.

I know they where made before those...I was saying they should have had the idea of that before they made them...And for the record R143's been on the (J) for like 4 years now....

13 hours ago, VIP said:

Nah... you're just hating Awkwafina's announcements are fine and entertaining.

Extremely notable that both subways and buses are above budget. Buses are money losers almost by design. This tells me that it's time for expansion, since the only way you improve the profitability of a transit network is through expansion, not cutting. Cutting was the MTA model for years, and look where it got us. Nearly destroyed bus ridership. 

I'll mention again what a pathetic waste Cuomo's 500 new cops are, too. 

21 hours ago, HenryB said:

Get me one with MC Lyte in the Kickin’ style:

”This (4) Train’s to Brooklyn

”This stop’s 86th Street

”Now stand clear of the closing doors”