SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, vioreen said:

I think Jamaica Yard has way too many r160s, its time to send some back to Coney Yard.

Each R46 that was on the (F) and(R) is a cost of a R160 from C.I, hence why/how the amount is over 1,000. If they send some back, it would be about 2 R160s that were sent to Pitkin to cover the R179 inspection from the (A) line. 

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Literally seconds after an (R) train left Jay Street (Lawrence Street), a NIS 143 passed by. I happened to be with 2 friends of mine and we all took photos of it. It was a really unexpected catch.

Interesting, could you post a pic and also which direction was it heading? It makes sense if it was heading South probably for maintenance at Coney Island Yard. I don't remember if anyone answered my question about the R143 before, but I'm going to ask again anyways. Is it possible to reconfigure the R143 from a 4 car to a 5 car, even with the numbers going from 52 to like 43 with either 1 or 2 cars left out? I know it's a dumb question, but I feel if the R143 were to be relocated to give some R211's to the Eastern Division to be replaced on the (L), I feel having the R143's operating on the (D). Then again, dumb question it is out of curiosity.

Me to myself on the (1) train today:

1) if you’re closing the subway nightly to clean, why am I stepping around human feces at 1pm on these stairs at South Ferry?

2) Why do y’all let meth heads smoke cigs and whatnot at the 34th/7th Av entrance?

3) Ma’am, you have latex gloves, a face shield and a mask on. Why are you hitting me with elbows when there’s all these empty seats on this train?

1 hour ago, Deucey said:

1) if you’re closing the subway nightly to clean, why am I stepping around human feces at 1pm on these stairs at South Ferry?

2) Why do y’all let meth heads smoke cigs and whatnot at the 34th/7th Av entrance?

3) Ma’am, you have latex gloves, a face shield and a mask on. Why are you hitting me with elbows when there’s all these empty seats on this train?

Somehow the (1) in Manhattan always wins the award for me. You'd think it has enough people, wouldn't be as nasty, but somehow it is. I looked out from my bench seat once to see a guy stand-squatting on the bench, rear end spread-eagle to the train, how do I put this, in the middle of his work. One of those – why do I live in New York, again? – sort of moments...

7 minutes ago, vioreen said:

For example the (E) has way too many trains and they be empty most of the time and same with the (F)

If you were paying any attention, you'd know that ridership is extremely low because of a pandemic. Shifting cars around will change nothing about that fundamental issue.

24 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Somehow the (1) in Manhattan always wins the award for me. You'd think it has enough people, wouldn't be as nasty, but somehow it is. I looked out from my bench seat once to see a guy stand-squatting on the bench, rear end spread-eagle to the train, how do I put this, in the middle of his work. One of those – why do I live in New York, again? – sort of moments...

Your buddy de Blasio is doing a fine job handling the homeless and mentally ill populations, don't you think? <_<

1 hour ago, vioreen said:

For example the (E) has way too many trains and they be empty most of the time and same with the (F)

1 hour ago, Lex said:

If you were paying any attention, you'd know that ridership is extremely low because of a pandemic. Shifting cars around will change nothing about that fundamental issue.

I was about to say the same exact thing. Someone already mentioned this earlier, but every train that was swapped between Coney island Yard and Jamaica Yard had an even amount of trains to swap around. You cannot swap something that doesn't have anything to swap with in return. That's like a basic trade in which I'm pretty sure everyone here can understand, not saying I'm an expert, but you know what I'm talking about. Even now ridership is still low because of the Tunnel reconstruction happening that forces (F) trains to be rerouted via 8th Av and vice versa with the (E) to 6th Av Delancey St. Once ridership begins to really increase, all the R160's borrowed from Jamaica will have to go back to them as they are going to be needing them. Let's hope that if it ever comes to that, the R179 pass testing phase.

3 hours ago, Deucey said:

This is so true.

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Your buddy de Blasio is doing a fine job handling the homeless and mentally ill populations, don't you think? <_<

de Blasio has been doing an awful job this second term. I'm quite disappointed in him. But it seems a little disingenuous to blame him specifically for the conduct of people within the state-run subway, no? 

4 hours ago, Deucey said:

#3- Maybe she has pent up demand that she wants to share with you ? 😊

5 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Is there anyone whose ever liked DeBlasio?

I got here as Mikey was leaving, but it seems like on Day 2 everyone realized DeBlasio was the kinda guy that disappoints God and the Devil no matter what he does.

22 minutes ago, Deucey said:

Is there anyone whose ever liked DeBlasio?

I got here as Mikey was leaving, but it seems like on Day 2 everyone realized DeBlasio was the kinda guy that disappoints God and the Devil no matter what he does.

And everyone is still wondering where that money for ThriveNYC went to.