BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

It depends where you reside. Some express bus routes are more reliant than others, and some routes are more delayed than others, for multiple reason. Obviously, certain areas have a significant portion of express bus service in Queens.

The Sandy work in the tunnel on weekends now makes the system go to absolute shit (mainly inbound). 

I haven't been using the express bus for that reason. The last time I used the express bus on a Saturday was during the Thanksgiving weekend, because tunnel work was cancelled on both days.

I'm someone who has to take that line if I want to take the express bus home.

BUT ...

On the brightside the QM20 SPEXP went via GCP instead of Astoria today.

I hope this is the new norm, because it saved 5min taking GCP over Astoria.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that on the 1995 NYC express bus map that the QM1, QM1A (QM7 and QM8), QM11, and QM24 used to take the Willy B to the BQE. I'm curious why they don't do that now. It looks like it would save time then going all the way up to 34th Street to go to Queens.

My Q44 bus driver just straight up overtook a Q20A. They both made a right turn onto Northern Blvd and the Q20A was going real slow cuz he was early, so my Q44 driver literally pulled into the right lane and hauled ass to get back into the left turning lane at main st. Would the Q20a driver report the Q44 driver for such a stunt?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I noticed that on the 1995 NYC express bus map that the QM1, QM1A (QM7 and QM8), QM11, and QM24 used to take the Willy B to the BQE. I'm curious why they don't do that now. It looks like it would save time then going all the way up to 34th Street to go to Queens.

They really should do this on Saturday and Sunday. If they did send the Queens express buses via the Willy B during the weekends they'd probably save at least half an hour on the weekends the Midtown tunnel is reduced to one lane vs. what they do now (go through the tunnel anyway.)

My Q44 bus driver just straight up overtook a Q20A. They both made a right turn onto Northern Blvd and the Q20A was going real slow cuz he was early, so my Q44 driver literally pulled into the right lane and hauled ass to get back into the left turning lane at main st. Would the Q20a driver report the Q44 driver for such a stunt?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Unless there's more details I doubt they'd care.

From what your saying the Q20 was going slow cause it was early, and was most likely delaying the Q44 which was probably late. So the Q44 overtaking the Q20 sounds reasonable. Now if the Q44 cut off the Q20, that's a different story.

I watched the NBC morning show today and I noticed during the traffic & transit report they show bus delays, the B6, B84 and a couple of other MTA bus routes had delays, even showed the cancellation of some NJT bus routes numbered in the 700's. I thought that was an nice touch considering these morning shows usually only showed Transit delays that were trains.

I watched the NBC morning show today and I noticed during the traffic & transit report they show bus delays, the B6, B84 and a couple of other MTA bus routes had delays, even showed the cancellation of some NJT bus routes numbered in the 700's. I thought that was an nice touch considering these morning shows usually only showed Transit delays that were trains.

Usually Channel 4 and Channel 11 news are good for that.

Quick question: How do I report a bus driver?

Title VI is for discrimination.

This is what I do:

The minute the incident happens, go to https://twitter.com/nyctbus and report it in 150 characters or less

And when you get home, follow the prompts here: http://mta-nyc.custhelp.com/app/ask to write a more detailed email.

This is the right link.

Quick question: How do I report a bus driver?

I usually tweet about it. Include the Bus Lot number, Control ID, Bus route & cardinal direction. Use hashtags to classify what kind of complaint you have.

I use #fareevasion, #rowdiness, #overcrowding #buzzed #Xfergiveaway & #gotpunked, to name a few.

Buses never lie...

mta.jpg?w=639&h=309

The things you find in a Google search...

XD

Omg bus #5966 had a broken handle today on the articulated part and I reported it at 5:52 and they kept it in service all day long. So much for reporting it to depot supervision @NYCTbus. Also, I heard an alarm go off as it pulled away from my bus stop but it didn't make any noise at northern blvd and main st, very weird.

Edited by danielhg121

Even if NICE bus made connections reliably, this easily sounds like a two-hour-plus commute.

I did that once. During the NY Transit Museum bus festival, I did an all bus ride from Co-op City to Far Rockaway. I got to Mott Avenue by sunset. My longest wait times were at the Lower East Side (B39) & West Harlem (M10).

Gun Hill's maintenance is mediocre at best, and their cleaners are apparently nonexistent. Their 2003 artics look ready to go now, let alone 1023 and 1027.

They probably don't run those two buses in everyday service.

Those buses are rotting in the Eastchester Depot with missing bumpers, popped tires & dented sides. I pass by every day.

Those buses are rotting in the Eastchester Depot with missing bumpers, popped tires & dented sides. I pass by every day.

Oh yea, 1023 and 1027 (along with the other 2000 NF artics) have since been retired after I made that post.

I hope they kept 5464 as a keepsake, I rode it the week before they retired it and that bus looked gooooddd....

Omg bus #5966 had a broken handle today on the articulated part and I reported it at 5:52 and they kept it in service all day long. So much for reporting it to depot supervision @NYCTbus. Also, I heard an alarm go off as it pulled away from my bus stop but it didn't make any noise at northern blvd and main st, very weird.

A broken handle is the least of their worries...they won't take a bus out of service over a broken handle.