BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Whoever said 6895 to GA for repaint-its in Flushing and still a blackback

Yeah, that bus got sent to GA and then pulled and put back in service. Weirdly enough the same thing happened to 6701--you could even see the GA "Date In" notice on the side. That said, they got to 6701 and they're only a few buses away from getting to 6895.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that bus got sent to GA and then pulled and put back in service. Weirdly enough the same thing happened to 6701--you could even see the GA "Date In" notice on the side. That said, they got to 6701 and they're only a few buses away from getting to 6895.

So 6895 is in service at GA until it gets repainted or did it return to CS? Edited by NewFlyer 230

I saw 6895 when it came back into service....it had the same labeling as 6701 from CMF when it was pulled back into service. Saw it in Flushing the day it was back.

Some of QV's OGs are starting to get really dogged down.....6431 has such horrible takeoff.

The Belmont Stakes specials saw a lot of interesting buses, artics and Orion Vs on the Q2 and 2 JFK RTSs(from what I saw) on the Q110. So mad I missed 5820 just by a few seconds. Didn't know there was a Q2 express.

Okay, so either my vision is failing me or some of the GH LFSA's have multicolored front destination signs... The displays look the same but with a reddish orange hue, or am I going crazy?

Almost all of the LFSAs (along with the SBS NGs in Staten Island) are getting new signs.

I was in Staten Island earlier and they just seem weird on those buses lol

I saw 6895 when it came back into service....it had the same labeling as 6701 from CMF when it was pulled back into service. Saw it in Flushing the day it was back.

Some of QV's OGs are starting to get really dogged down.....6431 has such horrible takeoff.

The Belmont Stakes specials saw a lot of interesting buses, artics and Orion Vs on the Q2 and 2 JFK RTSs(from what I saw) on the Q110. So mad I missed 5820 just by a few seconds. Didn't know there was a Q2 express.

So 6895 was repainted... Huh, unless I'm crazy or something, I remember seeing it a few weeks ago, maybe even a month, still running with that black back. 

So 6895 was repainted... Huh, unless I'm crazy or something, I remember seeing it a few weeks ago, maybe even a month, still running with that black back.

No, it was not repainted. It was pending. When it came back, it had labels from Zerega CMF for work and repaint on the side of the bus.

They actually *uncorrected* a sign at Fordham and Jerome some time ago, with the sign stating that Bee-Line buses 60/61/62 stop there along with the Bx12 local. Here's a rundown of what they've done in the area:

-When the lollipop signs finally made their way through the Bronx, what is now the EB SBS stop at Fordham/Jerome had the Bx12 Local/Bx12 LTD/w60/61/62 on one pole and the w90 on another pole mid-block (BTW the 90 was already discontinued at this point.)

-When SBS started, the Bx12 SBS correctly had its own stop and the Bx12 local and the 60/61/62 had their own "stop" across Jerome Avenue.

-A couple of years ago the Bee-Line buses were correctly removed from the stop.

-Sometime in the past year, the Bee-Line buses were put back at the same stop (after the 60/61 were cut back to Fordham Plaza.)

Edited by paulrivera

Some of the new ones didn't, the original 2400s did then they just didn't put them in the new ones. They also made the aisle higher and on the same level as the seats finally.

I could've sworn there were some in the lower 2490s.