BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a M86 with SBS wraps on it the other day. Have they started work on it already?

Yes. I was on the Upper East Side a few Saturdays ago and while walking from one of my café spots, as I came to 86th and Madison, I saw those SBS machines there near the corner on the side where the M86 heads to the Upper West Side. I was in the middle of eating a pastry and walking to the express bus on 3rd, so I didn't pay much attention to the other side, nor any other stops along 86th.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

9371 is officially Quills bus right now. It has Quill decals now I'm going to say it's safe to say it's not a loaner

Don't be so sure....they've changed decals on buses that doesn't stay long a few times before. Quill is down on buses, hence why they got random 40ft buses on articulated routes and random artics on the M34/34A SBS.

Edited by Cait Sith

Either SC is loaning FR an MCI or something, but 2090 is on the QM15 to Midtown as I speak.

Wow! They're really moving these express buses around, I have seen UP getting some of the hand-me downs from Yukon and Charleston. I wonder if they're going to send any Prevosts to MTA Bus depots (forgiveness if this has been discussed) but I have an affinity for the MCI's . 

Edited by 161passenger

Wow! They're really moving these express buses around, I have seen UP getting some of the hand-me downs from Yukon and Charleston. I wonder if they're going to send any Prevosts to MTA Bus depots (forgiveness if this has been discussed) but I have an affinity for the MCI's . 

At this time, no, MTA Bus wont be getting prevost 

And Yukon, most of the time gets new buses sending their hand-me-downs to other depots (like before they got new prevosts but getting new prevosts again)

Edited by Calvin

x2qxcm.png

Manhattan bus map...

The M9 should be colored orange rather than purple on the map and it should not be "merged" with the M103 which is also purple, nor should the M103's terminal box at City Hall be missing.

If they were concerned with an orange M9 and currently orange M21 right next to each other on Houston (Avenue "A" to Avenue "C"), they could make the M21 light blue as it does not run into any other light blue line. But the red Bx5 and Bx22 have been right next to each other like that on the Bronx map for over 20 years IINM (Castle Hill Ave between Bruckner Blvd and LaFayette Ave).

Edited by BrooklynIRT

eh, I'm bored....

** Manhattan bus map image **

Manhattan bus map...

The M9 should be colored orange rather than purple on the map and it should not be "merged" with the M103 which is also purple, nor should the M103's terminal box at City Hall be missing.

If they were concerned with an orange M9 and currently orange M21 right next to each other on Houston (Avenue "A" to Avenue "C"), they could make the M21 light blue as it does not run into any other light blue line. But the red Bx5 and Bx22 have been right next to each other like that on the Bronx map for over 20 years IINM (Castle Hill Ave between Bruckner Blvd and LaFayette Ave).

The Manhattan map....

I think the issue with the coloring stems from the crosstowns.... The crosstowns that cut through Central Park should all be reserved for orange..... Also, the M8, 21, 22, and 23 should all be one color (I would also choose orange for those routes).... Either that, or have the M8, 21, 22, 23, 50, and the central park crosstowns all be lime green, and change the color of the M14's (which IMO, should be 2 separate colors anyway) to some other color than lime green....

So yeah, there is too much color variation with the crosstowns.

--------

The color purple (not the movie either... lol).... Having the 2/3 the same color makes sense, having the M9 & M103 the same color however, does not -  you're right..... With what I said above about the crosstowns, I would make the 103 skyblue, which would not interfere with the M100 - since it's plainly seen that the 100 goes well east of there the 103 terminates along 125th.....

On the west side, there should be some color variance with the M1, M5, M12, M20, and M42; all 5 of those routes should not be the same color... Since red is so conspicuous/dominant on the map, the routes colored red should be more spread out throughout the map, and not in one clusterf*ck on the west side at & below Columbus Circle like it currently is...

There's more I want to say, but I'll stop here & see what you have to say about what's been said thus far.....