BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

3515 on the Q35 traveling through Canarsie. 2nd night in a row that Q35 is on Flatlands Av.

The Q35 is rerouted due to work on the Bridge.

10 PM to 5 AM, Sun to Sat, Oct 16 - 29 

(Except 10 PM Sat to 5 AM Sun, Oct 22 - 23) 

Due to bridge maintenance and testing by MTA Bridge and Tunnels, the Marine Parkway-Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge will be fully closed to traffic.  The Q35 will detour non-stop via the Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge.   

Q35 service will be suspended at all stops on Flatbush Av between Troy Av/Quentin Rd and Floyd Bennett Field.  B41 buses provide alternate service along Flatbush Av between Avenue H and Kings Hwy/Avenue U.   

The Q35 will service the regular bus stops on Avenue H at Flatbush Av at Kings Hwy, and all bus stops in the Rockaways.

Q35 taking the scenic route to the Rockaways

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so your telling me that if he ended up under the wheels the driver would go to jail under vision zero?!

https://www.facebook.com/wayfaresupplyco/videos/327477507617930/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

video on facebook

You do understand that Vision Zero is based on speeding...and failure to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks....right?

Some of ya'll need to read up on what Vision Zero is about, before coming up with these assumptions.

Edited by Cait Sith

You do understand that Vision Zero is based on speeding...and failure to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks....right?

Some of ya'll need to read up on what Vision Zero is about, before coming up with these assumptions.

Don't you know that bus drivers can do no wrong, that they were a good person and the victim must've done something to put them at fault? Why should we be holding professional drivers to a higher standard than your average schmuck?

Don't you know that bus drivers can do no wrong, that they were a good person and the victim must've done something to put them at fault? Why should we be holding professional drivers to a higher standard than your average schmuck?

There's a difference between self evident wrongs like the driver running a red light, striking a person and taking off and what occurred.  It's a shame this woman had to die but  I will stand with our bus drivers..

so your telling me that if he ended up under the wheels the driver would go to jail under vision zero?!

https://www.facebook.com/wayfaresupplyco/videos/327477507617930/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

video on facebook

Nobody is telling you that. I, and many others, have told you over and over that Vision Zero has nothing to do with what you think it does. I guess these are the voices in your head telling you that.

There's a difference between self evident wrongs like the driver running a red light, striking a person and taking off and what occurred.  It's a shame this woman had to die but  I will stand with our bus drivers..

Running over somebody who has right of way is, actually, a self-evident wrong. I stand with our bus drivers, but they're held to the same rules on the road that I am.

Edited by MHV9218

I don't even think you have to run the person over to get arrested. If the pedestrian has the green light and is actively crossing the street and a driver cuts the pedestrian off in the middle of the street, I would think that is grounds for the driver to be arrested as well. In order for a driver to be cited for that, however, the pedestrian would need a police officer to be on scene while they're crossing the street and witness the driver cutting off the pedestrian. The odds of that happening are astronomical (you need a cop in the "right place at the right time"), but it could happen.

It was out since this morning so your kind of late. I'm pretty sure it's the same driver (run no.63) that's doing the route with the bus...he's pretty lucky

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I'm aware it's been out since the morning. I just thought I would let everyone know.

Got a ride on it today. The USB charging ports were working but the WiFi was down.

News to me that they moved the Q53 stop at Woodside onto Roosevelt Avenue (where the Q70 used to stop when it was an LTD stop). I thought for a second that CP loaned the MTA a unit.

That was done a few months ago.

Smart move IMO, keeps the bus from sitting at that light waiting to turn left, or missing the light if a lot of people are running for the bus

Rumour has is that there is a B1 artic training program right now. Not sure how true it is, but definitely is something I would like to see.

Lol, it was a joke made by some on the members of the transit page on Facebook.

Some people actually believed in the post, that's how gullible some people are.