MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Fresh Pond gave away all those hybrids to JFK with nothing in return... I wonder if FP will get some extra buses to make service for the fall pick? Perhaps bring back some RTS's back from the dead? 

There's likely a lot of moving about to go on this weekend. Wait and see.

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Or get buses from FB and Jamaica which have most of the RTS load. 

Oh yes!! Please come get these RTS’s outta here at FB lol.... I hope they don’t try to play the move where they start to give away some of our 7300’s  New flyers. FB already gave away 7358 - 65 to ENY and UP..

9 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Fresh Pond gave away all those hybrids to JFK with nothing in return... I wonder if FP will get some extra buses to make service for the fall pick? Perhaps bring back some RTS's back from the dead? 

Fresh Pond did not "give away" anything because individual depots don't make such decisions. Department of Buses upper management decides when and which buses should be reassigned from one depot to another. 

Edited by Gotham Bus Co.

10 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I feel like the new XDs is gonna cover there lost 

Worth noting that FP usually has some redundancy over the summer anyway. They handed off some 1997 RTSes almost every year since 2011 or so, some of which even made it out to Manhattan over the years. Jamaica it's the same, easily 20-30 RTSes in storage at CS some summers. The JFK losses might just coincide with that, and in the fall pick either we'll see some transfers based on the new orders or some reactivations. 

These New flyer XD’s transmission are horrendous.... Out of all  XDs I Operated from my depot, this is the 3rd bus I experienced tranny situation. Like the bus I had for my second half whenever the gear would shift from gear 1 to 2, you would hear a bang and feel the  hard shift which caused the bus to jerk. The XD’s are good looking bus and better bus to use especially for passengers with wheelchairs, walker or has difficulties getting into the bus since they’re are very low and kneels way to the ground. But them tranny’s on them are weak.

5 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

These New flyer XD’s transmission are horrendous.... Out of all  XDs I Operated from my depot, this is the 3rd bus I experienced tranny situation. Like the bus I had for my second half whenever the gear would shift from gear 1 to 2, you would hear a bang and feel the  hard shift which caused the bus to jerk. The XD’s are good looking bus and better bus to use especially for passengers with wheelchairs, walker or has difficulties getting into the bus since they’re are very low and kneels way to the ground. But them tranny’s on them are weak.

the 2015 or 2018s? The 2018s seem smooth

Just now, Jdog14 said:

the 2015 or 2018s? The 2018s seem smooth

2015’s.... At my depot I haven’t touch the 2018’s yet since they are on a specific routes “sbs46” or “Shuttles”. 

I believe they all start out smooth, but so far the 3 I experienced had tranny situation with that type of bang and hard shift.

1 minute ago, DueceDrives said:

2015’s.... At my depot I haven’t touch the 2018’s yet since they are on a specific routes “sbs46” or “Shuttles”. 

I believe they all start out smooth, but so far the 3 I experienced had tranny situation with that type of bang and hard shift.

They modified the LBSS Gear Ratios so its not that jerkey on the 2018s (and some 2015s got modded too).

37 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Not sure if this is the right threat to ask this question but the B35 was supposed to be artic run by yesterday but I’m checking bud time and standard buses are running on it. Is this common or so? 

There are artic buses operating on the line. Today I spotted two on church avenue. 

On 9/1/2018 at 7:30 AM, DueceDrives said:

Oh yes!! Please come get these RTS’s outta here at FB lol.... I hope they don’t try to play the move where they start to give away some of our 7300’s  New flyers. FB already gave away 7358 - 65 to ENY and UP..

I am curious to know, since you are a Bus Operator at Flatbush and you just began operating the B44 +SBS+ that uses Nova Bus LFSA's, when the 2019 XD60's (If you plan to stay on the B44 +SBS+) arrive will you have to be trained on them or are you already qualified to operate it.

2 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

I am curious to know, since you are a Bus Operator at Flatbush and you just began operating the B44 +SBS+ that uses Nova Bus LFSA's, when the 2019 XD60's (If you plan to stay on the B44 +SBS+) arrive will you have to be trained on them or are you already qualified to operate it.

I planned staying on the sbs44 unless The 41 has something I need like a better RDO or something good. Every new bus equipment the depot receives, the operator has to be trained on it and be certified unless you already were trained at a previous depot that carried the same equipment.

Major items coming up on the agenda for next week including the finalized deal for 53 XD60's for MTA. We will get into the discussion about express buses, my predictions, and the introduction of Double-Decker buses.

I will also be starting a thread on the pending bus network redesigns, and the future of the remaining X-numbered routes.

In the meanwhile, I completed the entire list of the future planned and pending SBS routes through 2025 roughly.