R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing change on etc " R142A " or R188 conversion #7242 still look the same.. Except the R142A #7242 do look clean on the (7).. Except when it ran in the (6)... Is it me or not.. I saw 1 of 5 car set of R142A of (6).. In the middle track at 138 Street Grand Concourse as Not in Service... I have feeling that 5 car set of R142A of (6) were heading to 239 Street Yard / Union port yard or Jerome Yard.. But why will it be Jerome Yard.. I maybe mistaking it maybe I saw R142A of (4). that was today I saw.. Strip map of converted R188 #7242 look clean..

Why should we talk about 7300's... From which yard is the R188 conversion cars is coming from. That Westchester Yard . 7211 - 7280 that came from Westchester Yard have been converted to R188.. Just 7281 - 7590 ( 310 cars ) to go converted as R188.... At least there is no problem with Westchester Yard R142A that converted to R188 yet.

Off topic.. At least everyone have no problem riding R142A or ( R188 conversion ) that came from (6)... Now running on (7)... I rode today R62A on (6) going back home.. At least no people complaining riding R62A on (6).. No confusion. At least I am getting used to riding R62A on (6).. Now (7) line rider are getting used to riding Westchester Yard R142A ( R188 conversion. ) #7211 - #7250 . No complain from (7) line riders.. saying

Off topic.. At least everyone have no problem riding R142A or ( R188 conversion ) that came from (6)... Now running on (7)... I rode today R62A on (6) going back home.. At least no people complaining riding R62A on (6).. No confusion. At least I am getting used to riding R62A on (6).. Now (7) line rider are getting used to riding Westchester Yard R142A ( R188 conversion. ) #7211 - #7250 . No complain from (7) line riders.. saying

You should be happy that you rode an R62A. Westchester treats the R142As like crap.

As September come this Monday.. Between Unionport Yard & Jerome Yard..  Is Unionport Yard is willing to give up R142 ( Bombardier ) #7071 - #7080 send it back to Jerome Yard of (4).. Unionport Yard never had R142 #7071 - #7080 recently spotted on (5) line service.. Last news nothing about R188 of (7)... Is Jerome Yard willing to give up R142A #7646 - #7660 & send it back to Westchester Yard home of (6)... At least those car should be return... At least Summer Season coming to an end.. Those car should be return.. Anyway (4) does not need more cars.. (6) does.. I hope anyone can confirm is R142A #7646 - #7660 will be return to (6) that Westchester Yard.. Anyway what can I say ... I have to get used to riding R62A on (6).. Not a big deal.. If the A/C still work on R62A on (6) I will be glad still.

Rode an R188 earlier. At first, I headed to a converted set, but it closed before I got a chance to take it. Another r188 appeared, but not converted. I was ok with the non converted, but had to wait a while before we departed because the conductor didn't realize he needed to open all the doors. He opened and closed the doors for minutes and even as the train was departing, he still opened and closed the doors repeatedly. That was really annoying. I would also note that one of 7822's door stickers was halfway pulled off, but the entire sticker was still on the door. Sometimes, I wonder how a city like nyc still works....

As September come this Monday.. Between Unionport Yard & Jerome Yard..  Is Unionport Yard is willing to give up R142 ( Bombardier ) #7071 - #7080 send it back to Jerome Yard of (4).. Unionport Yard never had R142 #7071 - #7080 recently spotted on (5) line service.. Last news nothing about R188 of (7)... Is Jerome Yard willing to give up R142A #7646 - #7660 & send it back to Westchester Yard home of (6)... At least those car should be return... At least Summer Season coming to an end.. Those car should be return.. Anyway (4) does not need more cars.. (6) does.. I hope anyone can confirm is R142A #7646 - #7660 will be return to (6) that Westchester Yard.. Anyway what can I say ... I have to get used to riding R62A on (6).. Not a big deal.. If the A/C still work on R62A on (6) I will be glad still.

Westchester wouldn't want those R142A's no matter what , they don't like maintaining them and and don't take care of them that is why the converted R188s are so beat up , they prefer the R62A's since they are much easier to maintain , inspect and then throw in service , and also like always NO NAMES being mentioned but iv been informed that Westchester Yard are in fact going back to the Yellow stickers like before but will do it in one shot once all of the R62A's are back on the (6) from Flushing to get that over with.

Edited by R62AR33

Westchester wouldn't want those R142A's no matter what , they don't like maintaining them and and don't take care of them that is why the converted R188s are so beat up , they prefer the R62A's since they are much easier to maintain , inspect and then throw in service , and also like always NO NAMES being mentioned but iv been informed that Westchester Yard are in fact going back to the Yellow stickers like before but will do it in one shot once all of the R62A's are back on the (6) from Flushing to get that over with.

So they like the R62A's