NYCT Bus orders through 2019

East New York

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yess, XDE40's!!!   :drool::drool:

No so fast. Nova has a shot at that hybrid order as well.

I'm thinking it might be one of the buses that they forgot to reset the speed limiter on...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it slipped through the cracks. There are actually quite a few vids of it on Youtube as well, and from what I saw all of them are within the last 6 months.

I'm going back to Quill just to drive it .

LOL

But I did my training on the XDs and first thing I was informed is that they share the same height as the RTS.

So I'm leaning to those going to Quill to replace the RTS

Actually the roof flaring makes the XD 7 inches taller than the RTS, but it can still clear the tunnels by about 1 foot 1 inch.

• 4 months later...

Minor Update:

The first XD60 pilot for the upcoming order has now been complete, and the second is on the line. All 4 buses are scheduled to undergo Audit inspection, and be delivered by the end of next month.

The first XN40 pilot is scheduled to be complete by the end of August.

The first LFSA Pilot was actually completed a few months ago, and delivery is scheduled for January. I have however been getting word that this order could be pushed forward a bit, and pilot acceptance could possibly commence by the end of this year. 

Minor Update:

The first XD60 pilot for the upcoming order has now been complete, and the second is on the line. All 4 buses are scheduled to undergo Audit inspection, and be delivered by the end of next month.

The first XN40 pilot is scheduled to be complete by the end of August.

The first LFSA Pilot was actually completed a few months ago, and delivery is scheduled for January. I have however been getting word that this order could be pushed forward a bit, and pilot acceptance could possibly commence by the end of this year.

Any info on where the artics could head or is there no word yet?

Any info on where the artics could head or is there no word yet?

Safe guess to say every depot with a D60 now

With the exception of West Farms. They are getting XN60's, pushing out all the diesels, and will finally become an all CNG depot.

• 1 month later...

Update/Review

XD60 Pilots 5987-5990 are complete, have reportedly passed the initial audit inspection, and are ready for deliver. However, the new color scheme graphics have not yet arrived at the New Flyer facility. The buses were scheduled to be delivered by last week as I originally posted.

In addition, the 40 foot graphics now need to be applied and tweaked as well. XN40 pilots 673-677 are scheduled for delivery in less than 60 days now.

LFSA pilots 5440-5442 are scheduled to be delivered by January. However. Nova does have capacity to move that up a bit. 5439 is already built, and was already used to shadow the Q44S. It's been through Zerega as well, and should be on track for an accelerated delivery of the production units 5443-5530.

Update/Review

XD60 Pilots 5987-5990 are complete, have reportedly passed the initial audit inspection, and are ready for deliver. However, the new color scheme graphics have not yet arrived at the New Flyer facility. The buses were scheduled to be delivered by last week as I originally posted.

In addition, the 40 foot graphics now need to be applied and tweaked as well. XN40 pilots 673-677 are scheduled for delivery in less than 60 days now.

LFSA pilots 5440-5442 are scheduled to be delivered by January. However. Nova does have capacity to move that up a bit. 5439 is already built, and was already used to shadow the Q44S. It's been through Zerega as well, and should be on track for an accelerated delivery of the production units 5443-5530.

Can't wait!

is it possible that the WF Artics could be push out to FB for B46 SBS?

From what I heard, Flatbush might be one of the depots getting artics in this upcoming order, so I'm not sure. Plus, the XN60s aren't coming for at least a year and a half, so I'm guessing some moves will be made with the arrival of this artic order that involve FLA getting extra buses for the B46.

From what I heard, Flatbush might be one of the depots getting artics in this upcoming order, so I'm not sure. Plus, the XN60s aren't coming for at least a year and a half, so I'm guessing some moves will be made with the arrival of this artic order that involve FLA getting extra buses for the B46.

Flatbush is supposed to get artics in the next order so the B46 SBS can be fully artic.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived