MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That bus was a Flatbush original before transferring to East New York. I wouldn't be surprised if ENY returns those buses back to Flatbush.  Bus came in original delivery in 2009

Yea I remember, IIRC those 4200s was replaced what was left of the TMC RTSs at Flatbush. 3900 - 3959 was still at Flatbush at the time until they got 4580 - 4629 to push them to Manhattan.

36 minutes ago, OpenBVEFan1 said:

Unknown XDE40 built, could be 9545 (GA), credit to the owner of this picture

Why in god's name are they still building these buses in the SBS paint scheme and then wrapping them! I don't even know what BRT 40-foot routes they could conceivably run all the XD40s and XDE40s on...

3 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Why in god's name are they still building these buses in the SBS paint scheme and then wrapping them! I don't even know what BRT 40-foot routes they could conceivably run all the XD40s and XDE40s on...

You sure that's not something akin to the plastic wrap you peel off a new phone?

7 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Its the regular blue scheme. The front still has a plastic wrap, but the blue is visible on the side unless you’re looking at the picture from a small screen.

32 minutes ago, Lex said:

You sure that's not something akin to the plastic wrap you peel off a new phone?

28 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Its the regular blue scheme. The front still has a plastic wrap, but the blue is visible on the side unless you’re looking at the picture from a small screen.

Ah, okay. The color of the film on the front and the "HYBRID" sticker made it look like the teal of SBS with the SBS markings.

I still think it's dumb that these buses are all wrap below the windows rather than paint, but that's a separate complaint...