MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're a month late, 4934-4943 and 5028 from JA are at UP. 4944 was apart of the group too but it went to east New York last week. They've all been at UP for a little over a month now.

To add to this, the main reason these went to UP was to replace 9390-9399. Jamaica Only sent QV 35 Next Gens while QV sent them 45 LFSs, and so UP sent 9390-9399 and then Jamaica Sent out these. 

Incase no one pointed it out (since I don't stalk this page), 9311, 9112, 9236, 9231 and 9203 are all at JFK, along with 5205, 5207 and 5209. 

Edited by Novabus 5000

4708 at 126.

Honest to god, I don't understand why the 1998-1999s were retired in the first place. So few of the retired buses seem to be truly out of commission, and it's always easier to have spare buses on hand than spare buses sitting at Eastchester / Zerega...

Honest to god, I don't understand why the 1998-1999s were retired in the first place. So few of the retired buses seem to be truly out of commission, and it's always easier to have spare buses on hand than spare buses sitting at Eastchester / Zerega...

The MTA was probably retiring the D60s due to their apparent lower fuel economy and reliability than the LFSs (and to reduce the bus lifespan), but seems like they've learned their lesson after the giant shortage they've experienced...

NovaBus5000 - 5205, 5207, and 5209 at JFK - that is not correct anymore, they were sent back to Quill. The other buses you mentioned are already on the roster at JFK.

4940 was in two spots, that's fixed - thought I corrected that earlier.

4531 & 4533 are already listed in FP, thanks for the double confirmation.

I will add 4708 to the 126 roster right now, and I gotta recheck a few things on the roster (bus counts).

Thanks guys! Keep the info coming!

Edited by Rick44

Speaking of the artic shortage - if there are still any ex-OC Transpo D60LFs up for sale by New Flyer, might it make sense to purchase 40-50 of them as a stopgap measure? They could all be kept in one garage. (First Transit bought some of them when it won the Rutgers contract.)

Where did you see them?

They still haven't changed the stickers (or lack thereof) on 4964 as well, which had a brief stay in Grand Av, back in ENY now, on the B42 today. Still has one rear panel GA sticker, nothing on the front side.

Edited by Rick44

NovaBus5000 - 5205, 5207, and 5209 at JFK - that is not correct anymore, they were sent back to Quill. The other buses you mentioned are already on the roster at JFK.

4940 was in two spots, that's fixed - thought I corrected that earlier.

4531 & 4533 are already listed in FP, thanks for the double confirmation.

I will add 4708 to the 126 roster right now, and I gotta recheck a few things on the roster (bus counts).

Thanks guys! Keep the info coming!

Well 5205, 5207 & 5209 weren't staying at JK anyways... They were just loaners for the meantime. Somebody else had also mentioned 4940 at EN also but that's wrong because the bus is at UP sitting out back, it's out of service because it wont go into reverse.

Those two (maybe 3) are still in JFK? They were back in Quill last time I seen em, which was Wednesday. I'll be putting the 2 on the roster at JFK and double checking tomorrow. They are on loan to JFK from Quill as ciboii22 said.

I'm updating 5195 and 4705 as well.