SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

10 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Then that would be considered essential (just not an essential worker, but an essential need instead), so that point's moot. Also, I don't see people shitting on other people who's lost their jobs. Not here, not even on social media.

I'm speaking in general, But i have seen plenty of it on Social Media.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Then that would be considered essential (just not an essential worker, but an essential need instead), so that point's moot. Also, I don't see people shitting on other people who's lost their jobs. Not here, not even on social media.

Thank you for your response. I asked a simple question about the main page of the (MTA) and what the agency posted and people get defensive about their personal actions. What I read on the main page of Transit’s site, in their words, not mine seemed to be very straightforward with no wiggle room. There are no if, ands, or buts, in that statement yet the rationalizations are still out there. Whether it’s the forums, social media, interviews on tv or the newspapers. Ridership is way down across the board in the NY metro area so it does appear that people are following the advice of the people in charge. I’m keeping up with the local, national and international news throughout the day taking notice of how others respond to their local restrictions. I look at places like New Zealand and the contrast between their actions and those of our actions, local and national , and wonder if there’s something in our culture that makes us feel like any restrictions don’t apply to we Americans. My friend works in a hospital and she said that people are even trying to get around the visitation restrictions. Back in the day we had a thing that 5-0 would hit us with. Failure to Comply . There seems to be a lot of that going around again. Just my observation. Carry on. 

6 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

I look at places like New Zealand and the contrast between their actions and those of our actions, local and national , and wonder if there’s something in our culture that makes us feel like any restrictions don’t apply to we Americans. My friend works in a hospital and she said that people are even trying to get around the visitation restrictions. Back in the day we had a thing that 5-0 would hit us with. Failure to Comply . There seems to be a lot of that going around again.

This has always been going on—“muh freedoms” and all that. Pursue maximum pleasure/profit and think about the consequences later. Responsibility to self and society always takes a backseat. Look no further than the Republican Party to set the gold standard, though this is prevalent behavior in most Americans.

15 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

Thank you for your response. I asked a simple question about the main page of the (MTA) and what the agency posted and people get defensive about their personal actions. What I read on the main page of Transit’s site, in their words, not mine seemed to be very straightforward with no wiggle room. There are no if, ands, or buts, in that statement yet the rationalizations are still out there. Whether it’s the forums, social media, interviews on tv or the newspapers. Ridership is way down across the board in the NY metro area so it does appear that people are following the advice of the people in charge. I’m keeping up with the local, national and international news throughout the day taking notice of how others respond to their local restrictions. I look at places like New Zealand and the contrast between their actions and those of our actions, local and national , and wonder if there’s something in our culture that makes us feel like any restrictions don’t apply to we Americans. My friend works in a hospital and she said that people are even trying to get around the visitation restrictions. Back in the day we had a thing that 5-0 would hit us with. Failure to Comply. There seems to be a lot of that going around again. Just my observation. Carry on. 

"Failure to comply." That phrase perfectly describes what I've been witnessing lately. I go outside only when absolutely necessary, and when I do, I'm frankly annoyed by the number of complacent individuals who walk about without any form of disease control gear. No masks. No gloves. NOTHING. You already know this, but I'm going to say it anyway. There are many other states experiencing a spike in new infections due to premature reopenings, protest gatherings and riots that toss the whole social distancing rule out the window, and as you said it, "failure to comply" by choosing not to wear a mask and gloves when out in public. It's the whole "I don't care/I don't want to/I don't have to" attitude that many New Yorker's have that is going to come back and bite this country in the ass. A second wave is already brewing on the horizon and sooner than later it'll be due. Maybe some people couldn't care less, but they'll care when it finds their way to them.

well Between today and friday we will know if cases in NYC rise or not. its been 14 days since the 1st or 2nd day of protests.

the only state that is fully reopen that has not seen a high amount of new cases is Georgia.

I do agree that alot of people are selfish idiots who disobey shit, I've seen plenty of that.

As an essential worker, My point still stands. The Non essential bashing has gotten out of control. I'm not gonna go and tell someone to stay their ass home. It's none of my business, People are angry and got nothing to loose and would not give a damn if they took you out. What gets me mad is how all the essential workers were shitting on people getting unemployment because of the extra $600 they got in their check.  I'm For hazard pay but that's the Government's fault for not acting on it in the first stimulus bill and being slow with the next. My Girlfriend got laid off and I have a 5 year old child, So when people talk that shit, It angers me because half of those non essentials had jobs too and right now they are struggling ( Not everyone got a stimulus check or unemployment yet). The Amount Of EGO that i have seen on Facebook and other websites is really sad because at one point they were in the same situation 10-12 years ago. I learned one thing, remember where you come from. But I do respect the ones out there doing what they have to do to keep other's safe but I have no respect for people who trash other's regardless of their situation, That's the part i get angry at.

Maybe if the government did a better job taking care of the people of this country, we wouldn't be in this big mess now.

Edited by R32 3838

16 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

Thank you for your response. I asked a simple question about the main page of the (MTA) and what the agency posted and people get defensive about their personal actions. What I read on the main page of Transit’s site, in their words, not mine seemed to be very straightforward with no wiggle room. There are no if, ands, or buts, in that statement yet the rationalizations are still out there. Whether it’s the forums, social media, interviews on tv or the newspapers. Ridership is way down across the board in the NY metro area so it does appear that people are following the advice of the people in charge. I’m keeping up with the local, national and international news throughout the day taking notice of how others respond to their local restrictions. I look at places like New Zealand and the contrast between their actions and those of our actions, local and national , and wonder if there’s something in our culture that makes us feel like any restrictions don’t apply to we Americans. My friend works in a hospital and she said that people are even trying to get around the visitation restrictions. Back in the day we had a thing that 5-0 would hit us with. Failure to Comply . There seems to be a lot of that going around again. Just my observation. Carry on. 

Yeah but I use the system and i see it first hand since phase I of the reopening, I know ridership isn't normal. But on some lines on there's standing room only and impossible to social distance. outside of rush hour it's decent. Lines Like the (A)(J)(Z) and (L) lines ridership got higher after phase I reopening. I never said it was going back to normal. all i said is that ridership is growing, When more people are working, that means more people using the system. never said its back to 100% normal. Stores like Best Buy, Gamestop and etc. started Opening since  Tuesday. That is gonna add more people, not normal levels of people. Most Low Income workers can't afford an Uber and gonna rely on Mass Transit.

55 minutes ago, Bklyn Bound 2 Local said:

I get that the R188s on the (7) are shorter than the R142/As on the (2)(4)(5), but 11 cars per train seems like such a random number!

The R188s are the exact same size as the R142As... (In fact, many are just converted R142As) The (7) just has the extra platform length left over in order to run an 11th car as opposed to the other lines.

Edited by Tonyboy515

Just a thought on the (N) trains that are to 96 St.

Would it be easier to have them kept as an (N) from front to back and have the "To 96 St/Manhattan" reading only going uptown so the rollsigns won't have to be changed at 96 St (also to avoid being broken)? 

Edited by Calvin
Most N to 96 are R46s

7 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

There's a R32 that's active rn #3361 a Full 8 caft length Train which was seen at Utica by a freind of mine and some one, caught it at W4 Street on the downtown  platform should be heading to 207th street yard or something.

that's the R32 that was at ENY on the deck

On 6/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, Calvin said:

Just a thought on the (N) trains that are to 96 St.

Would it be easier to have them kept as an (N) from front to back and have the "To 96 St/Manhattan" reading only going uptown so the rollsigns won't have to be changed at 96 St (also to avoid being broken)? 

When I got one in January it was signed as an (N)

49432504501_89e1b13105_b.jpg

49432504481_8794c074de_b.jpg

49432504381_be99d10c9d_b.jpg