B46 +SelectBusService+

East New York

East New York I hope I didn't leave the wrong impression out there. I most certainly am against the SBS variant going to Bridge Plaza in any scenario. I was just thinking about using a few B 46 locals and some added B47's to pick up the slack between DeKalb or Broadway/Flushing/Graham and the bridge. I haven't been on that end of Broadway in 6 or 7 years but I seem to remember Myrtle Avenue and the Flushing Avenue area being major stops even before then. Maybe things have changed? To me the idea of the SBS traveling along DeKalb to the bridge is a non=starter because of those transfer points along Broadway, IMO. DeKalb Avenue's routing to Bedford andTaylor Avenues is actually moving away from Bridge Plaza before turning northbound IIRC and doesn't help any rider with a destination on Broadway for the most part. I posted a few years back that it was my opinion that any B46SBS should only run between the south end and Eastern Parkway (or Fulton Street in a pinch) because of the traffic conditions on Malcolm X and on Broadway. I know you have more hands-on recent experience on the B46 than I do but humor me a bit.I've been a user of the B46 before Brother Malcolm preached his first time at Temple 7 in Harlem, when Broadway from Rockaway to Graham was a shopping destination in itself (pre-blackout '77), and the old B40 and the old B47 went to Bridge Plaza and the B39 to Orchard and Delancey Streets.. For as long as I can remember traffic on Broadway under the El has been a nightmare. Believe me when I say I really have no real problems with any of the proposals I've seen posted although some, like DeKalb to the bridge, don't add up to me. Ideas from B/Os, neighborhood folks, riders and fanners help me picture out exactly what the situation is over there. BTW, it's always  B46 Utica-Reid Avenue,, B40 Ralph Avenue,, B47-Kingston-Tompkins to Bridge Plaza, and B10 Sumner before I have to stop and catch myself. Keep up the posts in this thread while I try to keep up with Bus Time and Google maps to help me plot the actual stops served these days. Carry on.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no point in any route that bypasses Flushing Avenue & Myrtle Avenue for the sake of reaching WBP quicker. The busiest stops north of DeKalb (in terms of northbound offs) are as follows:

Flushing Avenue: 542

Marcy Avenue: 487

WBP: 446

Myrtle Avenue: 445

Southbound, it seems like Flushing Avenue has 835 ons, which is a pretty big discrepancy (maybe the unreliability due to being towards the end of the route plays a role, and passengers get fed up and take the B46 to the (J) or B47)

In any case, the busiest stop on the corridor is Flushing Avenue. So if you're going to run some type of service from the Malcolm X corridor to the Broadway corridor, it has to serve Flushing Avenue or else there's no point in running it. Granted, Flushing Avenue (and Myrtle Avenue) riders can still take the B47 if they want to do the trip entirely by surface transit, whereas riders going to WBP would be forced to take the (J) if all B46 service were cut back to DeKalb.

The only reason to run the service via DeKalb/Lafayette would be if there is a significant amount of ridership that currently takes the B38 over to Malcolm X for the B46, whose ease of access can justify serving DeKalb/Lafayette over Broadway.

East New York I hope I didn't leave the wrong impression out there. I most certainly am against the SBS variant going to Bridge Plaza in any scenario. I was just thinking about using a few B 46 locals and some added B47's to pick up the slack between DeKalb or Broadway/Flushing/Graham and the bridge. I haven't been on that end of Broadway in 6 or 7 years but I seem to remember Myrtle Avenue and the Flushing Avenue area being major stops even before then. Maybe things have changed? To me the idea of the SBS traveling along DeKalb to the bridge is a non=starter because of those transfer points along Broadway, IMO. DeKalb Avenue's routing to Bedford andTaylor Avenues is actually moving away from Bridge Plaza before turning northbound IIRC and doesn't help any rider with a destination on Broadway for the most part. I posted a few years back that it was my opinion that any B46SBS should only run between the south end and Eastern Parkway (or Fulton Street in a pinch) because of the traffic conditions on Malcolm X and on Broadway. I know you have more hands-on recent experience on the B46 than I do but humor me a bit.I've been a user of the B46 before Brother Malcolm preached his first time at Temple 7 in Harlem, when Broadway from Rockaway to Graham was a shopping destination in itself (pre-blackout '77), and the old B40 and the old B47 went to Bridge Plaza and the B39 to Orchard and Delancey Streets.. For as long as I can remember traffic on Broadway under the El has been a nightmare. Believe me when I say I really have no real problems with any of the proposals I've seen posted although some, like DeKalb to the bridge, don't add up to me. Ideas from B/Os, neighborhood folks, riders and fanners help me picture out exactly what the situation is over there. BTW, it's always  B46 Utica-Reid Avenue,, B40 Ralph Avenue,, B47-Kingston-Tompkins to Bridge Plaza, and B10 Sumner before I have to stop and catch myself. Keep up the posts in this thread while I try to keep up with Bus Time and Google maps to help me plot the actual stops served these days. Carry on.

No, you didn't leave the wrong impression at all. I was digging the history lesson as that was definitely before my time! B-) I actually agreed with much of what you posted and some of it was in my original arguments as well. When I started evaluating the line a couple years ago, I had already used that route more than any other in the city so I had already formed an opinion, and stated back in 2008 that the bus needed off-board payment, and this would cause severe issues by 2013. It is now 2016, and I was definitely right as I dread any and every time we pull up to some stops. Especially at Eastern Parkway.

in 2013 I got a little more involved and even met up with the DOT I got deeper into it and started see where things were progressing. My one and only true solution to this major problem is a subway under Utica Avenue. 98% of my estimations have been correct since 2007, and I feel that in 2019/2020 Utica's bus line will be crush loaded, and traffic will be even worse of a nightmare than it is now.

With the Mayor's office now enforcing these 25mph speed limits, NYC Traffic is going to look like movies from the 80's and 90's. Not be able to "go-with-the-flow" of traffic is going to be a major mistake! Mark my words. Operators across all 5 boroughs are quite angry about this situation because when you run late and everyone in front of you is doing 25, it's a wrap.  

Then passengers are angry, and wondering why the bus driver pulled up 7 minutes late, he/she is cruising down the street, and now you miss your connection wondering why he isn't speeding up..... Well, he could have been that unlucky MTA operator who was pulled over by NYPD once for doing 40mph in a 25 zone now that this BS has gone into effect ..... If you get a traffic ticket while on duty with MTA there will be hell to pay.

Now back to the 46SBS and Broadway. My final suggestion was the MTA run select SBS trips up Broadway to the bridge that would go out of service at the terminal. They would stop at Myrtle and Flushing Avenues only. Drop off only, no pick up. If these buses were to go back, I suggested Lee Avenue to Flushing Avenue, making a stop on Flushing, then back to Broadway , non-stop to Dekalb.

DOT along with MTA officials told me the service would still be unpredictable because of driving patters on Broadway, and they don't want the bus going on it at all. I was then told most if not all local buses would continue on to the Bridge, with peak direction headways of about 8-14 minutes depending on the exact time. The B47 runs about every 10-15 minutes.

If the B47 is extended it's reliability would decrease because of the traffic. Average speed on Broadway is about 5mph. SBS Passengers looking to go to Myrtle Avenue or Flushing Avenue can transfer to the B46, B47, or (J). Those going all the to the Bridge may have to endure an 8-14 minute wait. The MTA could also reduce the amount of short-turns at Eastern Parkway, and Dekalb sending all those buses up as well.

There's no point in any route that bypasses Flushing Avenue & Myrtle Avenue for the sake of reaching WBP quicker. The busiest stops north of DeKalb (in terms of northbound offs) are as follows:

Flushing Avenue: 542

Marcy Avenue: 487

WBP: 446

Myrtle Avenue: 445

Southbound, it seems like Flushing Avenue has 835 ons, which is a pretty big discrepancy (maybe the unreliability due to being towards the end of the route plays a role, and passengers get fed up and take the B46 to the (J) or B47)

In any case, the busiest stop on the corridor is Flushing Avenue. So if you're going to run some type of service from the Malcolm X corridor to the Broadway corridor, it has to serve Flushing Avenue or else there's no point in running it. Granted, Flushing Avenue (and Myrtle Avenue) riders can still take the B47 if they want to do the trip entirely by surface transit, whereas riders going to WBP would be forced to take the (J) if all B46 service were cut back to DeKalb.

The only reason to run the service via DeKalb/Lafayette would be if there is a significant amount of ridership that currently takes the B38 over to Malcolm X for the B46, whose ease of access can justify serving DeKalb/Lafayette over Broadway.

There actually is no discrepancy at all. More people do, and always have taken the bus southbound than northbound in that area. Many southbound passengers in fact take the bus only one to 4 stops in that area, and it really drives the operators crazy sometimes when they are running late or encounter heavy traffic. I also don't know why people keep saying "if service is cut back to Dekalb." Service isn't being cut back. It will increase on the local side. It's just that SBS will all short-turn at Dekalb. People will now have 3 options through to Flushing, and 2 going all the way to the bridge. Many buses short-turn at Eastern Pky and Dekalb anyway. Both local and limited. There will just be a few less now on the local side, sending more buses up to the Bridge.

Running the bus on Dekalb or Lafayette can't be justified in any way. The amount of time it would take the bus to use that route, one could have just jumped on the 46 local, 47 or (J). It would be going completely out of the way, and wouldn't serve any purpose at all. And as mentioned above by Trainmaster5 its just out of the way. No efficiency there whatsoever.

East New York I hope I didn't leave the wrong impression out there. I most certainly am against the SBS variant going to Bridge Plaza in any scenario. I was just thinking about using a few B 46 locals and some added B47's to pick up the slack between DeKalb or Broadway/Flushing/Graham and the bridge. I haven't been on that end of Broadway in 6 or 7 years but I seem to remember Myrtle Avenue and the Flushing Avenue area being major stops even before then. Maybe things have changed? To me the idea of the SBS traveling along DeKalb to the bridge is a non=starter because of those transfer points along Broadway, IMO. DeKalb Avenue's routing to Bedford andTaylor Avenues is actually moving away from Bridge Plaza before turning northbound IIRC and doesn't help any rider with a destination on Broadway for the most part. I posted a few years back that it was my opinion that any B46SBS should only run between the south end and Eastern Parkway (or Fulton Street in a pinch) because of the traffic conditions on Malcolm X and on Broadway. I know you have more hands-on recent experience on the B46 than I do but humor me a bit.I've been a user of the B46 before Brother Malcolm preached his first time at Temple 7 in Harlem, when Broadway from Rockaway to Graham was a shopping destination in itself (pre-blackout '77), and the old B40 and the old B47 went to Bridge Plaza and the B39 to Orchard and Delancey Streets.. For as long as I can remember traffic on Broadway under the El has been a nightmare. Believe me when I say I really have no real problems with any of the proposals I've seen posted although some, like DeKalb to the bridge, don't add up to me. Ideas from B/Os, neighborhood folks, riders and fanners help me picture out exactly what the situation is over there. BTW, it's always B46 Utica-Reid Avenue,, B40 Ralph Avenue,, B47-Kingston-Tompkins to Bridge Plaza, and B10 Sumner before I have to stop and catch myself. Keep up the posts in this thread while I try to keep up with Bus Time and Google maps to help me plot the actual stops served these days. Carry on.

Trainmaster. Thanks for the history lesson.

Reading the responses from you, East NY and a few others is making me realize that you can't have the B46SBS travel no other way to Bridge unless taking the local or the (J) Train from the stop before Myrtle and Broadway.

My thanks to East New York, Acela Express, Fresh Pond,  Trainmaster 5 and all the other writers who are providing  great ideas and are getting involved to try to improve the B/46 service. The fact that someone is beginning to listen at the NYCDOT is quite remarkable as for the most part, most government agencies do not listen to a member of the public especially if you are just an individual offering an idea unless you are part of the professional class. (Thomas Frank's new book "Listen Liberal; Whatever happened to the party of the people" New York Metropolitan Books,c 2016 elaborates on that statement). Maybe my views are tainted based on my experience in dealing with agencies other than the one that I retired from in 2010 and being rebuffed numerous times. 

Those of us who lave a similar problem where bus routes run under elevated tracks have a vested interest in what will be the solution to the B/46 north of Broadway - DeKalb as it may help other routes. There is a significant amount of ridership especially at Flushing and Myrtle Avenues based on what the writers have been saying. I know that Flushing Avenue is Woodhull Hospital which is a major traffic generator, however, when the B/44 SBS was being proposed, Kings County Hospital was not chosen as a stop and the northbound stop is located two long blocks from the B/44 SBS. Based on what I am reading here, the precedent with the B/44 SBS will be followed and the MTA will have the B/46 local handle the entire load. 

Those of us who lave a similar problem where bus routes run under elevated tracks have a vested interest in what will be the solution to the B/46 north of Broadway - DeKalb as it may help other routes. There is a significant amount of ridership especially at Flushing and Myrtle Avenues based on what the writers have been saying. I know that Flushing Avenue is Woodhull Hospital which is a major traffic generator, however, when the B/44 SBS was being proposed, Kings County Hospital was not chosen as a stop and the northbound stop is located two long blocks from the B/44 SBS. Based on what I am reading here, the precedent with the B/44 SBS will be followed and the MTA will have the B/46 local handle the entire load. 

Eh, I don't really see the " :bus_bullet_b46_ltd:  solution" as something the MTA can apply to other routes...

Let's take the :bus_bullet_b1:  under the (D) for example.

There is no way they are going to move the B1 off 86 Street, as was suggested on this forum.

There also is no Limited/ SBS to truncate, as was suggested on this forum.

The only changes I could see happening are concrete islands for all bus stops underneath els (only 25 Av, Bay Parkway and 20 Av have concrete islands for :bus_bullet_b1: passengers. The others only have pavement markings which is essentially nothing.

I think that the :bus_bullet_b46: is a unique case, and that "lessons learned" here don't really translate to other routes.

I feel you'd be best off sending the B46 to Myrtle. Have it terminate on the B54 westbound stop, have them layover on Lewis and Stockton then have the first pickup at the current B46/47 southbound stop. It allows a more direct transfer to the (J) and (M), and the turnaround is simpler and less congested.

I feel you'd be best off sending the B46 to Myrtle. Have it terminate on the B54 westbound stop, have them layover on Lewis and Stockton then have the first pickup at the current B46/47 southbound stop. It allows a more direct transfer to the (J) and (M), and the turnaround is simpler and less congested.

This isn't an efficient route. There is no place the bus would be able to turn around without adding time to the line. Where would the bus turn around at? Going north on Broadway is just out of the question, and the turnaround at Broadway headed back south is much easier, and really the only one that makes sense. The bus doesn't have to make any left turns into traffic, and can complete a smooth and fast turn-around. The (J) Kosciusko St station is only a 3 minute walk, so it's not bad at all. The route you mention could add 5-15 minutes during rush hours. Not worth the trouble for only 1 stop.

MTA doesn't want the bus going up Broadway for any reason.

If you're going to do this you might as well have all B46s turn at Malcolm X and Dekalb Ave. Here's what I think the stops should be when SBS is implemented Myrtle and Broadway, Flushing and Broadway, Union and Broadway(transfer is available to the (G)), then Marcy and Broadway. It should only stop at Major transfer points and the B47 can take care of the rest instead of terminating at Woodhull. I'm just putting my hopes on how the mayor is going to also make Broadway a gentrified area.

SBS on the B46 would be 'fully' BRT if they neglected everything north of Eastern Parkway. In this case, they'd had to ban parking on Utica between Empire Blvd. and Fulton St., just to introduce a direct through-fare, and hopefully get the buses moving a bit faster along the route --- between 6AM and 9PM should suffice. On our current paddles now, they give us 15 minutes to get from Church Avenue to Eastern Parkway, and that's if when you're Limited during peak hours; non-peak is about 8 minutes, if that.

As for throwing in the Marcy Avenue stop for SBS, that should've been labeled as a "maybe" listing, because you're right - the damn stop is one block from the actual Bridge terminal.

Avenue N stop is really to benefit the folks transferring from the B41s coming from Bergen Beach.

Winthrop is only there for Kingsbrook to be honest, but I've never seen groups of folks waiting at this stop for the 46. Granted, it is a current LTD stop, and frequently used, but think they can do away with it; nothing the local can't handle, in my opinion.

The idea of SBS on the 46 is to speed the pace up in the congested areas, and removing Winthrop shouldn't be an issue.

The stands for both Eastern Parkway and St. Johns carry enough passengers solo as it is now. Eastern Parkway alone is enough work, and some days I don't think the block is large enough for the crowds waiting for the bus, especially on the southbound stand. Keeping both stands separate should be OK at the moment. SBS won't lose too much time between stations there.

As for the Union Ave / Lorimer St. decision, I agree with the G train connection, but where exactly do they plan on installing the "station" at those stands? The northbound stand is a petty little stop as it is, and moving across the street in front of the 99 cent store would just interfere with their drive-way. Or they can move the station over to the farside where they sell plants & flowers (the side by 90th Precinct).

I've ridden the M15SBS recently, and I can tell you this will have a huge impact on the 46 and how it will revitalize the line as a whole, if executed correctly. I can see it now, 60 people at Church Avenue waiting for the 46, on the bus within 10-15 seconds with 3-door access.

It's a lovely thing!!

My boys in the Bronx at Gun Hill tell me their in heaven operating the Bx12SBS. The biggest thing is the fare when it comes to operating, and with that responsibility off your back, the job becomes less of a hassle. Let a team of tough guys come and take care of it. They'll raid the 44 & 46 every week so much... *loss of words*

From a Bronx perspective, I can tell you a couple of things.  I live by Gun Hill Road & White Plains Road, and rarely do I see a farebeater on the Bx41.  It helps that you have the 52nd Precinct on Webster & Mosholu, the 48th near Tremont, the 42nd near 161st & 3rd, and PSA7 along Melrose.  The Bx12 passes by the 49th Precinct on Eastchester.  The fare inspectors are often along the Bx41 and Bx12 routes constantly checking for people who do not have that ticket.  I have seen many a people early on prefer the local because of this.  The Local buses are definitely where the farebeaters would get on, especially on west of Bronx River routes.

Well I guess that according to the MTA service status page for the past couple of days, they're preparing for SBS by milling and paving Utica Avenue between Winthrop St and Beverly Road......

Street is already ripped up for the most part, with the last major stretch done the day before yesterday.

However, I remind all, MTA employee or not, you have to let your voice be heard if you want change. Write a letter, send an email, request a sit-down. I have made many things happen, and not because of who or what I know. Persistence was the key for me.

Well, persistence has not been the key for me at least with MTA NYCT Operations Planning. I too am or was very familiar with the B46. For the first 27 years of my life, I lived a half block from that route. I watched it operate for hours a day or rode it everyday once I entered college. Although the buses would bunch badly, it was very heavily used even back then about 40 years ago. I know that operating patterns have changed a great deal since then but I don't know how much of it was for the better. There were many more service patterns back then with buses terminating at Church and Fulton Avenues also which gradually were phased out. The best service pattern was to operate six buses in the peak between Avenue H and Eastern Parkway in passenger service only in one direction. In the AM peak buses would return on Schenectady to East NY and resume regular route saving like five or ten minutes by not using Utica. In the PM, there was off board fare collection at Eastern Parkway which also saved much time.

With all those additional service patterns that existed back then, I wonder how much improvement the addition of Limiteds really were. I also wonder how much of an improvement SBS will be if it will be an improvement at all. So I wrote to the MTA via email and asked them ten questions about the proposed new service. I received a response that they cannot respond to suggestions from the public. So I wrote again and clarified that I was asking questions and not making suggestions. My next response was they will forward the questions to Operations Planning for response. When I did not receive another response in three months, I wrote again and it started over again. I was told they do not respond to suggestions. I wrote back and it was forwarded to Operations Planning a second time. Still know response so I wrote again and OP was reminded of the outstanding questions. That was over a year ago and still no responses to my questions.

Compare that with Road Operations which has been very cooperative. I have has three meetings with them about the B1 and B49, each meeting lasting over an hour and they seem to be listening and caring.

Well, persistence has not been the key for me at least with MTA NYCT Operations Planning. I too am or was very familiar with the B46. For the first 27 years of my life, I lived a half block from that route. I watched it operate for hours a day or rode it everyday once I entered college. Although the buses would bunch badly, it was very heavily used even back then about 40 years ago. I know that operating patterns have changed a great deal since then but I don't know how much of it was for the better. There were many more service patterns back then with buses terminating at Church and Fulton Avenues also which gradually were phased out. The best service pattern was to operate six buses in the peak between Avenue H and Eastern Parkway in passenger service only in one direction. In the AM peak buses would return on Schenectady to East NY and resume regular route saving like five or ten minutes by not using Utica. In the PM, there was off board fare collection at Eastern Parkway which also saved much time.

With all those additional service patterns that existed back then, I wonder how much improvement the addition of Limiteds really were. I also wonder how much of an improvement SBS will be if it will be an improvement at all. So I wrote to the MTA via email and asked them ten questions about the proposed new service. I received a response that they cannot respond to suggestions from the public. So I wrote again and clarified that I was asking questions and not making suggestions. My next response was they will forward the questions to Operations Planning for response. When I did not receive another response in three months, I wrote again and it started over again. I was told they do not respond to suggestions. I wrote back and it was forwarded to Operations Planning a second time. Still know response so I wrote again and OP was reminded of the outstanding questions. That was over a year ago and still no responses to my questions.

Compare that with Road Operations which has been very cooperative. I have has three meetings with them about the B1 and B49, each meeting lasting over an hour and they seem to be listening and caring.

My bolds and underlines in the above.  The one that pisses me off more than anything -- which the MTA will deny to the utmost -- is that "they can't respond to suggestions from the public."  WTF are they in business because, and FOR if not the public?  Even you ardent cheerleaders, ready to spread your legs for the MTA SHOULD do a WTF at that ... but, per normal operating procedures, you do nothing [self-censored "graphic" language] and raise your pom-poms hoping you'll get [censored again, on my own].  There are too many culprits to list here as "fanboys", but you should stand up and take notice that (all caps for a reason):

THE MTA DOESN'T GIVE A FARK ABOUT YOU OR WHAT YOU WANT/NEED FOR TRANSIT.

They've got your balls in a vice already, and you'll deal with whatever THEY decide THEY want to provide you.  While some of you might like to be dominated in that fashion, a whole lot of people who DON'T should be the ones speaking up.

I am SOOOO torn on giving you some additional perspective regarding this type of thing -- in one way, I think some of you would actually consider what I would post, BUT MOST of you impressed with "shiny new things" would be completely oblivious, precisely because OF those shiny new trinkets the MTA is putting out there -- and the "going along" thought of: "If the MTA says this, then it's the best way forward."  Plus, if you have an opinion of anything outside NYC, you don't matter.

BrooklynBus has given you PLENTY of back-up information, personal conversations, and all of that, but yet you decide to deride him, impugn him and basically call him a liar.  Well, it's just not that way.  I'm in the midst of an outright FIGHT with people who DON'T use the current systems in my area, but yet, say that they're the best "qualified" (note the quotes) to move forward -- for a region that ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY HATES public transport.  That's who's been doing this shit up until now, in my area -- and now, because of "shiny, new things" everything's going to be so much better, everyone's going to use public transport, and we're all going to have KUMBAYA orgasmic finish.  It's not that simple, and people need to wake up to that fact.

FACE FACTS: YOU will have to deal with whatever they throw down the pipeline FOR DECADES.  C'mon all you Fanboys, impress everyone (including your circle-jerk pals [sorry, censor not working]) with how QUICK the MTA has been to respond to overcrowding, buses not showing up and other "aberrations" to their official schedules.  And let's just compare over time how quickly the MTA has been to respond to changing times out on the street -- especially with all of the technological "advancements."  Oh, that's right, practically NIL -- as evidenced by their stance of (I'll BOLD it for you, ICYMI):

I received a response that they cannot respond to suggestions from the public.

THEY have told everyone to F**K OFF.

BUT .... just like a pimp, you'll get "promises" for your "loyalty."

A whole bunch of you would be in DeBlasio-funded counseling if you were hookers, because of being "taken advantage of."

But you keep believing what you're being told.

Your downward-spiral is nothing but of your own making.

My bolds and underlines in the above.  The one that pisses me off more than anything -- which the MTA will deny to the utmost -- is that "they can't respond to suggestions from the public."  WTF are they in business because, and FOR if not the public?  Even you ardent cheerleaders, ready to spread your legs for the MTA SHOULD do a WTF at that ... but, per normal operating procedures, you do nothing [self-censored "graphic" language] and raise your pom-poms hoping you'll get [censored again, on my own].  There are too many culprits to list here as "fanboys", but you should stand up and take notice that (all caps for a reason):

THE MTA DOESN'T GIVE A FARK ABOUT YOU OR WHAT YOU WANT/NEED FOR TRANSIT.

They've got your balls in a vice already, and you'll deal with whatever THEY decide THEY want to provide you.  While some of you might like to be dominated in that fashion, a whole lot of people who DON'T should be the ones speaking up.

I am SOOOO torn on giving you some additional perspective regarding this type of thing -- in one way, I think some of you would actually consider what I would post, BUT MOST of you impressed with "shiny new things" would be completely oblivious, precisely because OF those shiny new trinkets the MTA is putting out there -- and the "going along" thought of: "If the MTA says this, then it's the best way forward."  Plus, if you have an opinion of anything outside NYC, you don't matter.

BrooklynBus has given you PLENTY of back-up information, personal conversations, and all of that, but yet you decide to deride him, impugn him and basically call him a liar.  Well, it's just not that way.  I'm in the midst of an outright FIGHT with people who DON'T use the current systems in my area, but yet, say that they're the best "qualified" (note the quotes) to move forward -- for a region that ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY HATES public transport.  That's who's been doing this shit up until now, in my area -- and now, because of "shiny, new things" everything's going to be so much better, everyone's going to use public transport, and we're all going to have KUMBAYA orgasmic finish.  It's not that simple, and people need to wake up to that fact.

FACE FACTS: YOU will have to deal with whatever they throw down the pipeline FOR DECADES.  C'mon all you Fanboys, impress everyone (including your circle-jerk pals [sorry, censor not working]) with how QUICK the MTA has been to respond to overcrowding, buses not showing up and other "aberrations" to their official schedules.  And let's just compare over time how quickly the MTA has been to respond to changing times out on the street -- especially with all of the technological "advancements."  Oh, that's right, practically NIL -- as evidenced by their stance of (I'll BOLD it for you, ICYMI):

I received a response that they cannot respond to suggestions from the public.

THEY have told everyone to F**K OFF.

BUT .... just like a pimp, you'll get "promises" for your "loyalty."

A whole bunch of you would be in DeBlasio-funded counseling if you were hookers, because of being "taken advantage of."

But you keep believing what you're being told.

Your downward-spiral is nothing but of your own making.

I've been saying this (much more civilly) all along...

Kings County Politics reported today in their Brooklyn Lawmakers on the Move April 4 2016 items that Assemblywoman Diana Richardson was holding a meeting where Community Board 17 and representatives of the MTA and the DOT would discuss the B/46 SBS. The meeting was at the New Life Tabernacle Church on Avenue D near Utica Avenue.

I know that I will be asked when did I find out about it? Try after 7 PM as if I had known about it, I would have posted the information much earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived