B46 +SelectBusService+

East New York

A lot of those vans are short turning at Flatlands. Most don't go to the mall anymore. I guess the 63rd pct has got the upper hand with the Utica portion to say the least.

Lmao.. Soon after I edited my post, your post pops up confirming what I said...

I rest my case.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, they aren't legal? But I recall seeing a couple with DOT markings, unless I do not remember correctly.

More of them are actually getting licensed and becoming legal... most of them still aren't though.

....And that continues on with this route to this very day.... I think I said this before, the portion north of the (3) gets too much service & the portion south of it is underserved.....

So right now, the B47 runs every 8-10 minutes rush hours, and 12-15 minutes off-peak (for simplicity's sake). What would you say would be the ideal frequencies for each split? (Also, would the frequencies on the northern split approximate the frequencies of the old B40?)

So right now, the B47 runs every 8-10 minutes rush hours, and 12-15 minutes off-peak (for simplicity's sake). What would you say would be the ideal frequencies for each split? (Also, would the frequencies on the northern split approximate the frequencies of the old B40?)

If you want the real average time for the B47 is in excess of 20-30 mins. Simply this, too much bus bunching on the route. Most of the time buses don't come on schedule. I really think that line can't even keep a solid schedule and we are talking about extending it to WBP.

So right now, the B47 runs every 8-10 minutes rush hours, and 12-15 minutes off-peak (for simplicity's sake).

What would you say would be the ideal frequencies for each split?

(Also, would the frequencies on the northern split approximate the frequencies of the old B40?)

Right now, the posted headways of the B47 are as such... Problem is, the actual waits for a bus during the rush is more like 12-15 mins. & off peak is like 15-30 (weekends, forget it).... This wouldn't be a problem if most the service was dedicated to the southern portion of the route (where the greater demand is, AINEC btw)..... Basically, what Future ENY Op said....

With that said, I'd say the freq's for the southern split should be the more or less the same as the posted frequency of the (real) 47 (well maybe a solid 8 mins during the peak, instead of 8-10)... Buses would be more timely with those freq. levels for a B78 revival than it is w/ the current B47, no question..... For the northern split, well, let me do the whole thing this way:

For comparison purposes:

- a southern B47 split: 8 mins AM/PM rush, 12 mins off peak (hawk trips kept)

- a northern B47 split: 12 mins AM/PM rush, 15-20 mins off peak (hawk trips eliminated)

- old B40: 15 mins peak, 15 middays, 30 mins late pm/early am (hawk trips ran every hour) - all, IINM...

(which answers your last question there)

I went to the Flatbush Depot today and was unable to find the Xd40 +SBS Wrapped. Does anyone know the debut date and when the XD40 +SBS wrapped will be unveiled to the public?

I have a feeling it may start sometime in June or so, but you never know.

Right now, the posted headways of the B47 are as such... Problem is, the actual waits for a bus during the rush is more like 12-15 mins. & off peak is like 15-30 (weekends, forget it).... This wouldn't be a problem if most the service was dedicated to the southern portion of the route (where the greater demand is, AINEC btw)..... Basically, what Future ENY Op said....

With that said, I'd say the freq's for the southern split should be the more or less the same as the posted frequency of the (real) 47 (well maybe a solid 8 mins during the peak, instead of 8-10)... Buses would be more timely with those freq. levels for a B78 revival than it is w/ the current B47, no question..... For the northern split, well, let me do the whole thing this way:

For comparison purposes:

- a northern B47 split: 12 mins AM/PM rush, 15-20 mins off peak (hawk trips eliminated)

- old B40: 15 mins peak, 15 middays, 30 mins late pm/early am (hawk trips ran every hour) - all, IINM...

I'm fine with the split of the B47, but I think the route north Rutland Rd should have late night service, and it could be done on hourly headways with one bus (the runtime would be approximately 23 minutes from WBP to Rutland Rd). Added cost would be about $1.5 million, but offset with lower frequencies in the daytime hours (There would still be net-savings even with added late night service).

The B46 could be sent to Woodhull Hospital at all times of the day (possibly every other trip during the daytime hours). 

For comparison purposes:

Prime example. Yesterday I observed 2 B47's coming down during the rush hour (PM) in both directions. Now riddle me this. If each bus is supposed to come within 8 mins. Why are two buses coming down. I get it with the first bus on schedule. However, it's the 2nd bus that's coming down late getting to respective destinations. Whether it is WoodHull or Kings Plaza.

Solution here: You have to revive the B78 and the short turn. Modify the route to have the B78 go down Remsen to Winthrop to Rutland for faster service.

Northern part of route. Rutland to WBP.

I remember the B78. I think that I took that bus one or twice, just to busfan. The B46 was the bus for my family and I. I believe that there was no Sunday service at first, it was added later. It served it purpose....

I also remember when the "second" B47 started, and was operated out of Flatbush, there were short turns at Sutter-Rutland (3). I believed that when the route was transferred to Grand, the short turns continued. What happened?

I remember the B78. I think that I took that bus one or twice, just to busfan. The B46 was the bus for my family and I. I believe that there was no Sunday service at first, it was added later. It served it purpose....

I also remember when the "second" B47 started, and was operated out of Flatbush, there were short turns at Sutter-Rutland (3). I believed that when the route was transferred to Grand, the short turns continued. What happened?

Shirt turns got shutdown. Now it's full service to WoodHull.

The service sucks and needs to be split and returned back to the B78 for the short turn and the B47 for WBP to Sutter Avenue.

I just looked at the schedule. There are buses that start at Sutter-Rutland heading towards Kings Plaza between 4-7AM on weekdays, but that's it.

I also see that DOT reconfigured the Ralph Ave/E.98 Street area, making it easier to make a right turn from Ralph Ave to E.98 St. Traffic lights are also going up at that intersection...

Dosen't Flatbush do trippers that end at sutter? We are talking about the B47 right?

I'm not too sure about that 4AM tripper to Sutter Avenue being done by FB. Gotta look into that. I think that's all Grand Ave.

B46 SBS+ installation. Empire Boulevard. North and Southbound. Got pictures. Just need to upload from the phone. How to upload picture correctly into post?

So I came across this photo on Facebook...

It begins...

13012682_10206582333099459_2203606397179

Photo credit: David C.

How come this bus wasn't wrapped in the new scheme? I thought that all buses will in the new scheme....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Archived