R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is RFW ?

Rail Fan Window 

2sbslnb.jpg

they were pretty common back then with the older Subway cars. but in 97 they started to full cabs all R62 and some R62A singles, The remaining singles will be converted to a 5 car set or be use as garage trains or work train replacing the work redbirds.

Edited by MTARegional Bus

They converted 2000 to a full cab?, that was quick.

2000 has had a full cab for a while, at least this summer if not last summer. 1996, on the other hand, was very recently done.

Very interesting if 2016 still has an RFW at Westchester. My eyes will be peeled.

7907 has practically zero A/C and it's only May. Could be a fun summer.

No more RFW on 2041. 2066 has still got it.

Have you ever got on a train where the A/C was broke and it smelled horrible. That is horrible I remember being on a R32 (E) train and it was mid summer and that train was pretty much empty. That car had a few people on it while the ones around that one had A/C and were packed. Edited by NewFlyer 230

Iv been riding the (6) alot and i can say Westchester Yard crew are having fun with their R62A's lol , especially with those broadway sets..

Yeah because once there in the station you better catch it because they're on there way out in the next second lol

I already rode a couple of 62As on the (6) with busted A/Cs. They were blasting hot air on Monday and Tuesday when the temperature was in the 80s. I wouldn't have been surprised if the temperature inside the car reached triple digits.

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

I already rode a couple of 62As on the (6) with busted A/Cs. They were blasting hot air on Monday and Tuesday when the temperature was in the 80s. I wouldn't have been surprised if the temperature inside the car reached triple digits.

The same thing happens with the (1) line cars....