SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lance said:

I know a few 46s also got the upgrades recently. I don't remember what the numbers were, but it was on the (R) at the time. Also, it's been posted here that a few of the 142s (Bombardier cars) also got upgraded lights recently.

There's a bunch of R46's at Jamaica with LED's. Speaking of which, today I finally got an (R) train where all 8 cars have LEDs... Usually its half and half, and the difference is stark.

2 hours ago, transitfan111 said:

What was here doing there? And most importantly, did you tell him that weekend service sucks?

IDK why he was there, I saw him speaking with a TA employee then walking away with his bodyguards. There was no media there btw.

I didn't speak to him as I had no reason to, I saw him and kept it moving. If I did have something to complain about I would just wait until one of those hearings that's coming up.

I'm sure many people already told him that weekend service sucks lol

2 hours ago, EphraimB said:

Someone we knew drove me and my mother home and we were faster than a R160 (M) train on the Williamsburg Bridge. It would take 1 hour and 15 minutes to take the (F) to the (A) home to Far Rockaway. I was surprised to see that it only took 37 minutes to get home by car.

fxPRG1C.jpg

Why can't the trains be faster?

Timers, curves, crowds on trains. Plus you don't make other stops in a car unless you are an Uber.

Separate note, the hello everyone lady's announcements are starting to appear on the R142s and R142As.

If anybody wondering if the new poles popping up on subway cars stop Showtime dancers, they don't. I was just on a 179 that had Showtime dancers do their performance on a Z train over the bridge. 

I will say, it does seem to make their routine more awkward as they have to go around the part of the pole that bulges out.

11 hours ago, EphraimB said:

Someone we knew drove me and my mother home and we were faster than a R160 (M) train on the Williamsburg Bridge. It would take 1 hour and 15 minutes to take the (F) to the (A) home to Far Rockaway. I was surprised to see that it only took 37 minutes to get home by car.

fxPRG1C.jpg

Why can't the trains be faster?

This is part of the reason people opt for other transportation options, especially on nights and weekends. 

18 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

This is part of the reason people opt for other transportation options, especially on nights and weekends. 

I had a meeting the other day in Brooklyn. I did an Uberpool since I had time to spare. From my office with tip it was under $20.00. Trip was about 40 minutes, and that was with a little traffic. Good AC, clean car, nice driver... Will repeat it... Most of the time with Uberpool you're the only one as was the case the other day.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Did anyone get pictures of that set of R32s that they were using to shoot a movie scene at Bedford Park Boulevard? They altered the roll signs and the current “MTA New York City Subway” plaques—the train was signed up as a gray (Q), and sported what looked like a dated transit logo. If my memory serves me correct, the lead car flip-dot display read “D.” It’s been a minute since I’ve seen a full 10-car set of 32s on the IND Grand Concourse Line in The Bronx with passengers on it, despite them being film extras. If my phone wasn’t about to die, I would’ve snapped photos of it and uploaded them on here.

Edited by AlgorithmOfTruth

Today I was out on the (6) for a few hours. I got word an R142A schoolcar was heading up Pelham so I decided to fan that. It eventually rested on Hunts Point middle for about 15-30 minutes, and afterward, it made a few roundtrips between the latter and 3 Av-138 St. 

However, while the train was at Hunts Point, the conductor changed the program to this! And no, I didn't ask him to change it. 

30977819198_0ac5f72fd7_o.jpg

30977816688_82a3f4b335_o.jpg

30977818668_f04fec3001_o.jpg