BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Have there been orders from upper management to run Gun Hill's XD60's exclusively on the Bx22? I highly doubt that the drivers that are picking these buses randomly are covering the Bx22 when they do it. 

No.

They've been on the Bx5(one is on there now), and the Bx12.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so this has been happening for 3 consecutive weeks and well i don't know what's going on as you can see the M101 has been running on the M3 route at St Nicholas instead of going to Amsterdam if anyone knows why this is happening it'll be very helpful. c61611e57bf91bfe8d61cc592f36a7a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Ok so this has been happening for 3 consecutive weeks and well i don't know what's going on as you can see the M101 has been running on the M3 route at St Nicholas instead of going to Amsterdam if anyone knows why this is happening it'll be very helpful.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Probably a detour is in effect thru Amsterdam Avenue- Uptown.

Ok so this has been happening for 3 consecutive weeks and well i don't know what's going on as you can see the M101 has been running on the M3 route at St Nicholas instead of going to Amsterdam if anyone knows why this is happening it'll be very helpful. 

You mean all the way from 125th to 163rd? And just weekdays or weekends or both?

I'm checking BusTime now, and it shows M101s running up Amsterdam. 

To those who claimed low-floor buses "wouldn't last ten years", our oldest ones are now about 14 years old.

I like the low floor buses. The only thing they need to work on going forward is the layout and the suspension.  On the older low floor buses, you feel EVERY bump.  It really hurts my back and I'm not an old guy, but boy do you feel it. I rode the M102 last Saturday from 8th street to 34th and 3rd for the BxM1, and the layout is better on those.  I believe they repaved 3rd Avenue recently, so I didn't feel any major bumps.  I actually sat down since the bus was pretty clean.  The AC was good, and I like the way the seat layouts are in the middle of the bus as opposed to the older low floor buses.  Charger worked as well.  It was already a little dirty though, as in soot from the AC vents or something on one of the walls, but that's to be expected from Tuskegee.  It was clean otherwise.

I don't think they want to cover up the wrap/paint, it would be a waste for them to wrap/paint the buses and place ads all over it. Also 4140 from jfk also has one on the left side behind the drivers area.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I agree. There are some passengers that hate the ads, especially the ones that block the windows. I don't like them either.  I like to be able to look out of the window, and I also think it's not good from a safety standpoint. If someone is doing something on the bus, no one can really look inside unless the bus is stopped, otherwise, it's quite difficult to see in. I've heard some people actually complain to the driver about it, so surely some must file complaints officially.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

To those who claimed low-floor buses "wouldn't last ten years", our oldest ones are now about 14 years old.

........ and they haven't hit 500,000 miles yet.

I don't think they want to cover up the wrap/paint, it would be a waste for them to wrap/paint the buses and place ads all over it. Also 4140 from jfk also has one on the left side behind the drivers area.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

What type of ad does 4140 have? Is it the ones similar to MJQ? I know some of those ads are supposed to hit the outerboroughs soon.