R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend who has many contacts with the (MTA), date isn't confirmed, but it's happening soon.

I will believe it when I see it. But, it would be interesting if it did in fact occur.

I would like this, as there would still be the announcement at Brooklyn Bridge saying that the next stop is on the Uptown Platform.

There is no way in hell that's happening. Politics has no sway on car assignments, and the agency is not going to be stupid enough to get rid of the operational flexibility offered by digital destination signs.

Besides, if Pelham's politicians weren't receptive to the R62As, what makes this "source" think those on the 2/5 would be? There will be no swap.

Seriously, this "2/5 are getting the 62As" thing again? It makes absolutely no sense from an operational standpoint to put non-NTTs on either line. It's bad enough with the 62As being on the 6. On a semi-regular basis, I can set a train signed with all three normal north terminals. Now imagine that with two completely different lines with different terminals. No, if the 62As were to get kicked off the 6, they'd likely go on the 4, which is where they should've gone in the first place, but that's another discussion.

Seriously, this "2/5 are getting the 62As" thing again? It makes absolutely no sense from an operational standpoint to put non-NTTs on either line. It's bad enough with the 62As being on the 6. On a semi-regular basis, I can set a train signed with all three normal north terminals. Now imagine that with two completely different lines with different terminals. No, if the 62As were to get kicked off the 6, they'd likely go on the 4, which is where they should've gone in the first place, but that's another discussion.

MTA wants to keep the 2 and 5 as it is that's means No R62A's on 2 or 5, it works out for everyone, The only thing TA can do is improve 5 service in Brooklyn to 11pm.

That's not the point, the both are you correct, but it's due to politics. Trust me, this is happening.

Not again with this.... its already been pointed out why the (2) or (5) won't see R62A's give it a rest.... their staying on the (6)<6> , politics have nothing to do with it . If the R62A's were to go anywhere else it will be the (4).