MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

You know what. I totally forgot about the West Farms thing. So which could ultimately mean (MTA) bus order is a no-go?  and @Cait Sith thanks for the heads up. 

14 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

That 48-51 bus batch of XD60s for the M15 SBS is to displace the12xx LFSAs to the Bronx. Coupled with the 

None of the 60xx XD60s at JFK and LaGuardia are theirs to begin with. They are on lease until the 6234-6286 batch arrives. Most of those 60xx and 61xx XD60s have been earmarked for Tuskegee Airmen to replace the D60HF buses they had at the time of initial delivery. By having at least 70 XD60s (including the ones they have now), this can bring in 40 additional LFSAs 

For the XDE40s, OH being on the list has been confirmed by @East New York back in January and when i posted that list a few weeks ago, I was also told it was correct. However, with all things (MTA), that deployment list can change over time.

Like I said before: and I’m gonna put it in bold letters: THE DOB IS THE ENEMY AND THE ENEMY SHOWS NO MERCY. How many times does @Cait Sith has to say “No predictions?” Buses go wherever they are needed. 

Edited by FLX9304

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so we’re all on the same page, these are the current two-letter depot codes:

Bronx Division: EC, GH, KB, WF, YO

Brooklyn Division: EN, FB, FP, GA, JG, UP

Manhattan Division: MV, MQ, OF, TU 

Queens Division: BP, CS, CP, JA, JK, FR, LG, QV, SC

Staten Island Division: CA, CH, MA, YU 

Most of you know these already, but some don’t and it’ll be easier using these when updating rosters.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

24 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Just so we’re all on the same page, these are the current two-letter depot codes:

Bronx Division: EC, GH, KB, WF, YO

Brooklyn Division: EN, FB, FP, GA, JG, UP

Queens Division: BP, CS, CP, JA, JK, FR, LG, QV, SC

Staten Island Division: CA, CH, MA, YU 

Most of you know these already, but some don’t and it’ll be easier using these when updating rosters.

Copy! Great reference. 

14 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Like I said before: and I’m gonna put it in bold letters: THE DOB IS THE ENEMY AND THE ENEMY SHOWS NO MERCY. How many times does @Cait Sith has to say “No predictions?” Buses go wherever they are needed. 

it's been said a million times. hardheads aren't listening. it's really distracting for individuals attempting to find pertinent information in a simplistic fashion. it's becoming a turn off to even attempt to read this & other threads because some knucklehead wants sequencial unit number assignments when it's been explained over and over and over that they don't do "business" that way. create a fantasy roster thread and hush. Jesus Christ. 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

1 minute ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

it's been said a million times. hardheads aren't listening. it's really distracting for individuals attempting to find pertinent information in a simplistic fashion. it's becoming a turn off to even attempt to read this & other threads because some knucklehead wants sequencial unit number assignments when it's been explained over and over and over that they don't do "business" that way. create a fantasy rostet thread and hush. Jesus Christ. 

#facts. 

All this sequential bus ordering stopped right after the 2015 orders. As always you tell folks that these orders are SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE and they persist that things want to be done in their way and it doesn’t work like that. 

Plus DOB is going thru a shakeup. So again, it doesn’t bear to repeat: all changes are SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE AND I will copy @FLX9304 statement: : THE DOB IS THE ENEMY AND THE ENEMY SHOWS NO MERCY

1 hour ago, S78 via Hylan said:

TU is still OH (One Hundred) internally, like the One Forty-Six in OF.

It’s that time!!!! The all new Insider Guide @ TTMG is live and in effect! Myself along with @The Real have relaunched the iconic TTMG blog with a new flavor! 

You are are not ready for this! Standby for a string of exclusives, the way only we can do it! 

The roster has also been merged into the new platform as seen linked above! 

The Original Administrators are back!!! Welcome to the next gen of “Real news!”

The new TTMG. “We Know Transit” Lets go!!!! 

http://ttmg.org/insidersguide

Edited by East New York

1 hour ago, East New York said:

It’s that time!!!! The all new Insider Guide @ TTMG is live and in effect! Myself along with @The Real have relaunched the iconic TTMG blog with a new flavor! 

You are are not ready for this! Standby for a string of exclusives, the way only we can do it! 

The roster has also been merged into the new platform as seen linked above! 

The Original Administrators are back!!! Welcome to the next gen of “Real news!”

The new TTMG. “We Know Transit” Lets go!!!! 

http://ttmg.org/insidersguide

First of all, nice job!!

Second, over in the Employment section, I personally keep getting TA and OA confused. Fortunately, I know what "BC" stands for. Although one of the other members posted a nice explanation here, does one of the pages of the TTMG website consist of something similar?

The reason why I'm asking is because, not only for my own educational purposes, but if someone asks me down the road what the differences are between TA, OA and BC, I would 'ideally' like to point them to two references or sources compared to just one.

Thanks again and nice job with the updated site!!

14 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Any updates on the Proterras? None of them are in service right now..

16 is on the B62.

17 just pulled in from the B38.
18 pulled in 2 hours ago.
19 ran in the AM.
20 still OOS.

10 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

They mainly run during rush hours.

Not as of late, some of them have been out almost all day.

1 hour ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Decided to bring this here. Castleton doesn’t need new buses at this time, so they won’t get anything for a while.

I could see that happening if they want to get the EPA10s off the island and make it entirely Nova. Not saying its going to happen though.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, King Transit said:

Any more news on #7650 ???

No... That bus disappeared since that day. When I pull in later I will check the yard dispatcher buses fleet information to see if that bus still around at the Bush. I wouldn't  be surprised if that bus left the depot since Flatbush depot always getting their good buses snatch away.

P.S. Articulated buses soon to come on the sbs46. A lot of modifications has been done on some of the Utica bus stop just to utilize the articulated buses. Its has been months now operators are still in training for the new XD60 at the bush just so no operators give an excuse that they weren't trained on the XD60. My predictions states that,  I'll give it no later then late fall we should see some articulated out there we shall see.....

1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

No... That bus disappeared since that day. When I pull in later I will check the yard dispatcher buses fleet information to see if that bus still around at the Bush. I wouldn't  be surprised if that bus left the depot since Flatbush depot always getting their good buses snatch away.

P.S. Articulated buses soon to come on the sbs46. A lot of modifications has been done on some of the Utica bus stop just to utilize the articulated buses. Its has been months now operators are still in training for the new XD60 at the bush just so no operators give an excuse that they weren't trained on the XD60. My predictions states that,  I'll give it no later then late fall we should see some articulated out there we shall see.....

If I had a wild guess where that bus is? it’s probably at the vendor getting modified. Worse case scenario it’s in house being worked on. 

Hopefully artic delivery can commence again and yes bus stops are being modified. Church Avenue is a complete s*it show with the construction going on. At least Avenue D, Winthrop, Flatlands, and Avenue N are all done. 

2 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

I was really happy with these stops getting modified, I have yet to see what the Futon St. stop will look like, and the Vision Zero has to do something about the traffic times and congestion(between there and Atlantic Ave w/LIRR line). Speaking of XD60s, I know not all of us employees know bus models. So, they should get reminders from their dispatchers, history sheets, paddles, etc. to get notified of they drive the XD60s or not. They will have a clue as, "Cuomo scheme accordian or artic" being said to them. We should be ready to see the B46 +SBS be ready by August 2019(any days) or the last week of July as my wish. I am ready to blow up my views on my Youtube channel for my fanners(especially my other main popular youtuber who had FB as his home depot and so is myself) to explode their hearts on seeing the XD60s and the history of constructing bus stops , also the 3rd anniversary of the B46 +SBS is in July 3rd as we speak.