MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

What maintenance do they need that Flatbush or the CMF facilities can’t perform?

3 hours ago, Metro CSW said:

Maintenance 

I just want to know what’s the big deal with this bus. Like seriously 😒 what’s so special about it. If @Flatbush SBS Duece already told u guys that the bus is being worked on there should be no additional discussion about it. (It’s not like your going to drive the bus)

#carryon. 

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

What maintenance do they need that Flatbush or the CMF facilities can’t perform?

Warranty work? Whenever a brand new bus goes back to the vendor I just assume its warranty work since New Flyer doesn't have personnel at the depots I would imagine.

@Future ENY OP That bus doesn't have the SBS wrap and its assigned to Flatbush's "local" fleet.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:47 PM, Future ENY OP said:

I just want to know what’s the big deal with this bus. Like seriously 😒 what’s so special about it. If @Flatbush SBS Duece already told u guys that the bus is being worked on there should be no additional discussion about it. (It’s not like your going to drive the bus)

#carryon. 

I mean, Deuce stated that it has some problems, replying someone asking if it is on local service and I didn't have to know if it's a maintenaince shop or a bus vendor(also I don't belong in his depot). I mean't to keep that as a short surprise, but I asked him if there's any news on it(checking if it was fixed), so I left that alone.

42 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I think 8696 may get the same treatment 6234 out of LaGuardia has right now. The sticker at the front door and the 2 other doors indicating SBS. However, if it does come wrap. No surprise at all. 

It might not even have those SBS stickers on the door, remember that the for the S79 "SBS" you pay on the bus like the other buses. They might just pool the S79 fleet with the other local fleet, which they already do to an extent. 4/5 times whenever I board a S79, it's an LFS. In the end, the warping doesn't really matter. (And it also reduces costs since you don't need to pay people to warp buses when they could be doing something else more important.)

Edited by Lil 57

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Sometimes people ask questions that have quite obvious answers. It's not rocket science.

I didn’t want to chime in on that. For purposes intended. Why keep asking the same questions over and over again plus it’s not just that guy. It’s a few more from where they came from. 🥺

1 hour ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

be that as it may, eventually the powers that be will have to make an executive decision regarding the 40 foot units. the 64/65/66xx's are on their way out, and there aren't enough 67/68xx's in the world for ENY to swallow them all up... same goes for the XD40's. as I've stated in the past, ENY & UP (more specifically, the entire Brooklyn Division) have always drawn a hard line against NG's from day one, but this will get ridiculous real quick, regardless of how many artics they bring in for the 82SBS (or the B15... IF that ever happens) 

First off, can we keep this type of discussion out of deliveries, moves, and transfers please. It’s been made clear that the Deliveries, Moves, and transfers thread is solely for just that: Deliveries, Moves, and Transfers.

***Note the next part below is NOT a prediction***

Next, the OG Hybrids at East New York will be replaced by new buses fresh from the factory, and displaced buses from elsewhere. Also, East New York and Grand Avenue are slated to get all of the 2012-13 New Flyer XD60s from Gun Hill and Kingsbridge for the B15, B38, and Q58 respectively (4710 and 4711 made the journey to GA a few days ago, joining 4754, which was already there for a while). It is possible that the 2012-13 XD60s would end up replacing a chunk of the OG Hybrids. As the next hybrid order is coming in as well, 20 of the new XDE40s would be assigned to EN, replacing a smaller portion of the OGs and replacing the rest with XD40s coming back from Ulmer Park, since they are getting their own units as well.

26 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

First off, can we keep this type of discussion out of deliveries, moves, and transfers please. It’s been made clear that the Deliveries, Moves, and transfers thread is solely for just that: Deliveries, Moves, and Transfers.

Next, the OG Hybrids at East New York will be replaced by new buses fresh from the factory, and displaced buses from elsewhere. Also, East New York and Grand Avenue are slated to get all of the 2012-13 New Flyer XD60s from Gun Hill and Kingsbridge for the B15, B38, and Q58 respectively (4710 and 4711 made the journey to GA a few days ago, joining 4754, which was already there for a while). It is possible that the 2012-13 XD60s would end up replacing a chunk of the OG Hybrids. As the next hybrid order is coming in as well, 20 of the new XDE40s would be assigned to EN, replacing a smaller portion of the OGs and replacing the rest with XD40s coming back from Ulmer Park, since they are getting their own units as well.

ARE YOU FOR REAL? WHO THE f**k ARE YOU TO ADDRESS IN ANY SHAPE, FORM OR CAPACITY? It wasn't a prediction, assumption or outlandish fantasy bullshit like you repeatedly do on here, cocksucker. unlike you, I'm speaking and have been speaking from a place of knowledge, bitch. get on my level hoe, and make sure this is the last time you ever address me. eat a dick

31 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Fam. Calm down. 

#carryon 

Its not like we all don’t go off other sub forums to send replies. You about the 3rd person trying to play police. Before you start playing police brush up on some knowledge and listen to people who know the system. 

We are all here to learn a thing or two and sometimes rules are meant to be broken. 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Fam. Calm down. 

#carryon 

Its not like we all don’t go off other sub forums to send replies. You about the 3rd person trying to play police. Before you start playing police brush up on some knowledge and listen to people who know the system. 

We are all here to learn a thing or two and sometimes rules are meant to be broken. 

this is exactly why i don't be here as consistently as i used to be. because of punk ass bullshit like this. i got better things to do than play twitter fingers with motherf**kers who will NEVER come close to what I'm doing, in life or anything else. if that helped him bust his little nut for the night, cudos, hoe. i bust mine every 2 weeks when my paycheck reads state of new york. p.s. I'm tenured, so that's officially a decade of knowledge, wisdom & safety jackets. go sit in the back of the class. 

Sooooooooooooooooo.........

I'm currently looking into this, but, we have a 9510 in the system....XDE40.

Surely this cannot be the start of the new hybrid order, I'll post more information when I can.

-EDIT-

So it appears that the RFP was due today(or yesterday), so I think it's obvious that New Flyer got the contract.

Edited by Cait Sith

3 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Can someone in the higher ups make sure all new buses come with WIDE rear doors please? 

Especially when all door boarding starts...ridiculous how small those rear doors are on SBS routes. 

Every time they order a new bus, at least one seat disappears compared to the previous model. How few seats should there be?? 

3 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Can someone in the higher ups make sure all new buses come with WIDE rear doors please? 

Especially when all door boarding starts...ridiculous how small those rear doors are on SBS routes. 

And why, exactly, would we need them?

7 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Every time they order a new bus, at least one seat disappears compared to the previous model. How few seats should there be?? 

Its a public bus, most people stand regardless, and with all these service cuts do you really want to miss your bus because you can't get on? 

This is NYC, not down south . You can't commute in comfort and expect to keep travel time low. There's too many people whether you want to admit it or not. 

7 hours ago, Lex said:

And why, exactly, would we need them?

Everyone always talks about dwell times at stops. That's one of the reasons why SBS was created right? Now its time to IMPROVE SBS. Bigger doors, faster opening/closing doors. Easier passenger flow. And the MTA is introducing all door boarding for all routes soon. Why? To speed up an already slow service.

You all, including myself live in NEW YORK CITY. Everything is about TIME, and people have LIMITED time out here, travel time is very serious here, and it has to be quick and efficient as possible, not comfortable as possible. Shiett you want a lot of seats? You want comfort? Let the MTA order buses with 2x2 seating across the whole bus, and lets change the rule of people not being allowed to stand on any bus. Lets see how your commute works. Yall really be so stubborn with change, that's one of the reasons why society is falling apart because yall don't think about accounting for everyone, only yourself. 

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Its a public bus, most people stand regardless, and with all these service cuts do you really want to miss your bus because you can't get on? 

This is NYC, not down south . You can't commute in comfort and expect to keep travel time low. There's too many people whether you want to admit it or not. 

Everyone always talks about dwell times at stops. That's one of the reasons why SBS was created right? Now its time to IMPROVE SBS. Bigger doors, faster opening/closing doors. Easier passenger flow. And the MTA is introducing all door boarding for all routes soon. Why? To speed up an already slow service.

You all, including myself live in NEW YORK CITY. Everything is about TIME, and people have LIMITED time out here, travel time is very serious here, and it has to be quick and efficient as possible, not comfortable as possible. Shiett you want a lot of seats? You want comfort? Let the MTA order buses with 2x2 seating across the whole bus, and lets change the rule of people not being allowed to stand on any bus. Lets see how your commute works. Yall really be so stubborn with change, that's one of the reasons why society is falling apart because yall don't think about accounting for everyone, only yourself. 

I think you’re missing the point. With every new model that comes out they have been doing just that... Making the doors wider... People already complain that there are fewer seats with the newer buses, and the primary ridership base isn’t young people. It’s the elderly and disabled. If you’re referring to the S79 those buses will likely be replaced with newer ones with wider doors. All other SBS lines either already use artics or will soon, with the S79 likely remaining the exception, as the B46 will also switch to artics.

In short, you’ll have to deal with the old S79 buses until the newer ones come in with wider doors.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

5 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Society is falling apart because some folks don't see the need for a different set of bus specs?😂🤣

The doors themselves don't actually contribute to the dwell times with maybe the exception for the M60.....wider doors wouldn't actually help THAT much if there were a lot of people boarding a bus that was especially late...(e.g 1st Avenue & 14th Street for an M15 SBS or Pelham Bay Park on the Bx12 SBS).

And we also wouldn't get wide rear doors for parts compatibility reasons. All of the XD60s are uniformed with the same door spec. The LFSAs(except for 5311) are the same thing. If we had the door style of 5311, it would be much, much better.

Wider rear doors just allows for one extra person to hop on/off at the same time. It's not that much of an improvement, especially if people want to take their sweet ol' time getting on and off the bus. I've seen it myself out west. Rear doors aren't exactly the problem either, it's the flow from the inside to the outside of the bus(and vice versa) that slows down the boarding process, especially when you have people that refuse to take off their bags or move more into the bus.

Edited by Cait Sith

I just saw 4710 XD60 doing a test run through downtown bklyn. Im not sure if its a test articulated bus run for the B38 or something. Bunch of transit and and dot vests were inside the bus as they cruise down Cadman plaza and going down Tilary street

Edited by Flatbush SBS Duece

6 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

I just saw 4710 XD60 doing a test run through downtown bklyn. Im not sure if its a test articulated bus run for the B38 or something. Bunch of transit and and dot vests were inside the bus as they cruise down Cadman plaza and going down Tilary street

You might be right good brother. Right now GA has 4710, 4711 and 4754. Artic ops is on the horizons for Grand Avenue. 

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

You might be right good brother. Right now GA has 4710, 4711 and 4754. Artic ops is on the horizons for Grand Avenue. 

Yes I was able to get on the bus since I recognize one of the supervisors. It was dispatchers, Superintendent (Road operations) and union officers on the bus doing a test run on the route by using the articulated bus without passengers. They even parked the bus parallel to the B38 bus stop on Tilary street and Cadman plaza.