MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

On 5/11/2020 at 11:06 PM, Eric B said:

I forgot all about those electrics. I tried to catch one on 14th when they first came out, but it would never come.

They don't run them on the M14 anymore. I heard it's because they would die mid route, but I don't know exactly.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, MTA Bus said:

They don't run them on the M14 anymore. I heard it's because they would die mid route, but I don't know exactly.

They still do actually, just not as often. Two have been on the M14A this week and last week in the early afternoon. 4959 & 4963 have been on 14th Street for the most part.

Six of the twelve buses are at the vendor for various reasons, with three marked OOS, so that makes nine buses that aren't running.

Edited by Cait Sith

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, MTA Bus said:

They never really test equipment correctly hence they whole Hybird Debacle. The XE should have test In all Boroughs under normal conditions if you intended to run it anywhere in NYCT. It’s not rocket science and you are most likely right, but if you know this board they will call Shit Water Hennessy 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

They never really test equipment correctly hence they whole Hybird Debacle. The XE should have test In all Boroughs under normal conditions if you intended to run it anywhere in NYCT. It’s not rocket science and you are most likely right, but if you know this board they will call Shit Water Hennessy 🤷🏾‍♂️

If you mean the new order of Hybrids, that's primarily because of Cuomo. We were supposed to get more diesels until he wanted the MTA to order more hybrids.

I think NYMTA is the first ever TA to operate the XE60, so that adds more teething issues as those XE60s at Quill are the first of their kind to run out in the real world.

I think the NYMTA would have been the first to operate the restyled MCI as well, I was worried about that if MCI won the express bus order, but Prevost ended up winning the order so it's moot 

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

I think NYMTA is the first ever TA to operate the XE60, so that adds more teething issues as those XE60s at Quill are the first of their kind to run out in the real world.

I think the NYMTA would have been the first to operate the restyled MCI as well, I was worried about that if MCI won the express bus order, but Prevost ended up winning the order so it's moot 

IMO: I think the (MTA) should order the XDE's before transitioning over to the XE. 

That re-styled MCI is straight bascura. CT's are the best models.

Has any other transit agency ordered the new MCI's.

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

IMO: I think the (MTA) should order the XDE's before transitioning over to the XE. 

That re-styled MCI is straight bascura. CT's are the best models.

Has any other transit agency ordered the new MCI's.

AC Transit has the first order in service already. 

11 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Kings County, MBTA, LACMTA and Metro Transit already have XE60s in revenue service.  

6 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Kings County, MBTA, LACMTA and Metro Transit already have XE60s in revenue service.  

Ok. I checked CPTDB a couple months ago and  think only NYMTA was listed, couldn't find pics of XE60s in other properties back then as well, only was pics of the demo bus. Both are updated now though.

I must have overlooked or missed that MBTA was the first to have them. *Facepalm*

EDIT: LACMTA had XE60s since July of last year!? I have been living under a rock for bus happenings smh lol.

Edited by trainfan22

16 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

IMO: 5439 and 5441 should went to Gun Hill, Quill or stayed at Flatbush for SBS service instead of sending to KB. Hopefully, picture is forthcoming for this. 

They sen't buses from Flatbush to GH so i doubt they need 5439 and 5441. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 10:52 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

1300 is at Secaucus undergoing final inspection

For the first time, the Prevost will not only feature the same Hanover signs from the New Flyer and Novabus fleet, but will also be the first MTA Prevost to feature the Cuomo livery. And it will be the first order of X-345 commuter buses with the new redesign, ever built.

Edited by RSMG106

10 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Photos of Prevost X3-45 1300:

https://www.ttmg.org/nymta-prevoste.html

Hmm.......tacky! This livery is just too busy for an express commuter imo. Plus it looks like a wrap again, which is always worse.

Funny seeing a Prevost without a split front destination though, as RSMG106 was saying.

38 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Hmm.......tacky! This livery is just too busy for an express commuter imo. Plus it looks like a wrap again, which is always worse.

Funny seeing a Prevost without a split front destination though, as RSMG106 was saying.

Are u kidding? This bus looks GOOD. Only part that looks weird is the yellow/light blue stripes going up towards the roof in the front, it cuts at the window line, and the finish cannot be seen because the window design goes up to the roof. I thought they would've customized that part, and probably do something similar to the Hudson Link design where those two colors would wrap back down, but other than that; these colors are everything!