Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

23 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I will say this. Manhattan May have more foot traffic. But, in recent years Brooklyn is becoming the go to destination. I guess in the world of Transit Advertising Manhattan gets the cake while the other boroughs suffer with lousy ads if you ask me. 

I think this past week alone I’ve seen 5 new wraps specifically for the Manhattan Division maybe with at least 2 wraps could go to Brooklyn. 

Brooklyn's been "up and coming"....

Serious question though: Are you really interested in the product, service, or event that's being advertised on these ads, or are you simply concerned with what they do for the external aesthetics of the bus?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Brooklyn's been "up and coming"....

Serious question though: Are you really interested in the product, service, or event that's being advertised on these ads, or are you simply concerned with what they do for the external aesthetics of the bus?

If I properly use my context clues based on all his comments. I'd say the latter one.

On 10/12/2019 at 9:56 PM, Snorunts said:

Can someone confirm the B48, B57, B60 to Grand Avenue in January? I hope it’s true.

We won't know until the system pick details come out.

6 hours ago, NBTA said:

LFSE+ got revealed, I wonder if the TA would pick up those buses on a test. What do you guys think the probability that the MTA would get these LFSE+s?

As a test, sure.

As a full order....not so much.

39 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

We won't know until the system pick details come out.

Gotcha. And when are those usually revealed?

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

Gotcha. And when are those usually revealed?

Patience. It’s only October and this is the (MTA) where everything is subject to change. 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Patience. It’s only October and this is the (MTA) where everything is subject to change. 

Yes, I am patient, I was just asking Cait Sith a question.... doesn’t mean I’m impatient or desperate to know this information.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

The Diesel Orion VII (3563) now has Spring Creek logos. 

Ehh IDK how to feel about this, it has the same power train as the C40s do so there isn't much of an difference from a fan POV. Catching 3563 on the Green Lines routes was fun cause it was the lone diesel bus in a sea of hybrids. I do love the power that 3563 has so I guess I'd hope to catch it on the B103 one of these days. Kinda wish they sent SC a hybrid instead though.

12 hours ago, NBTA said:

LFSE+ got revealed, I wonder if the TA would pick up those buses on a test. What do you guys think the probability that the MTA would get these LFSE+s?

I don’t know, but they would look great on routes in the Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

According to the (MTA) website, it's on to the Brooklyn redesign

I heard. They gave a pamphlet in Downtown Brooklyn last week. The open houses will be starting in two weeks.

13 hours ago, NBTA said:

I guarantee you that these will be the official electric bus fleet for the Bronx depots. They’ve wanted KB and GH to go all-LFS for years now.

17 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

If I properly use my context clues based on all his comments. I'd say the latter one.

I suppose....

I mean, I barely pay attention to the things.... I don't see the big loss with any concentration of buses running in Brooklyn, or any other outerborough not being plastered with ads, over that of buses running in Manhattan.... New York City is a city that's heavily dependent on tourists & even though there's been an increasing amount of PTI's (points of interest) in Brooklyn, the kwemm de la kwemm (crème-de-la-crème), the big enchilada, the major destination of these people, is that of wanting to see the sights in Manhattan... So it makes sense to primarily chuck ads on Manhattan's buses & at a greater frequency at that (which is more than we can say for actual bus service, but that dead horse can be beaten some other time)..... Greater reach to a wider sample size.

• Upvote 1

How long have the city been developing that library and property off Mott Avenue near the (A)? I like cutting thru the side streets to reach the new stop at B.21 for the n31/32, but that I'm surprised nothing's getting done over there.

I've waited for buses at the NB bus stops at Ring Rd/Sears Platinum Ave and Ring Rd/Macys Platinum Ave for years and I just realized that the bus shelters are Beeline shelters, they even have the Beeline logos around the bus shelters.

Edited by Lil 57

How did Castleton end up getting more LFS units? Was it increased ridership on the local routes?

11 minutes ago, Calvin said:

How did Castleton end up getting more LFS units? Was it increased ridership on the local routes?

You mean in addition to the what Gun Hill sent them? 

12 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

You mean in addition to the what Gun Hill sent them? 

Yes, including that option

2 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Yes, including that option

I’ll say this. Correct me if needed. CAS has a good chunk of routes on the island. I think the 4 that went over could be for *mileage purposes* or increased ridership of all lines.  However, we don’t know why DOB randomly decided to take away from GH. 

Maybe they know something we don’t. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

I’ll say this. Correct me if needed. CAS has a good chunk of routes on the island. I think the 4 that went over could be for *mileage purposes* or increased ridership of all lines.  However, we don’t know why DOB randomly decided to take away from GH. 

Maybe they know something we don’t. 

Well, Gun Hill KingsBridge & West Farms have been getting the 5300's from the 'Bush, so that's prob'ly freed up some units, with the whole artic conversions & whatnot.

Sidenote: The nerd in me almost wishes Bklyn could keep those 53's to use on other routes 'cuz Brooklyn Zoo could use more artics, but.... the unfortunate reality is that would mean less service overall, which does appear to be the (MTA)'s ultimate goal.    

These are just the ramblings of a crazy person.

As you were.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Around the Horn said:

Lets check in on the 14th Street Busway shall we?

And why don't we look at the M15 too?

Any sources for the M14 part?

1 minute ago, Around the Horn said:

I just found this on Twitter. Apparently the MTA put it out...

EHHMEbMWoAEDIbx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The data looks fine, but I think it'd still be better to wait some amount longer before evaluating whether the busway has been a success. There's plenty of factors that could be affecting the ridership, such as all the publicity it was given before its start.

It’s great that the M14 and M15 are seeing some improvements. My only grip with the M14 is even though it pretty much has 14th street to itself, some bus drivers still crawl along 14th street and it’s super annoying.
However the other day I did take the M15 local from Allen Street and Houston to 1st Ave and 60th and I gotta say that driver really knew how to drive an artic. It was around 9:20pm and we were flying up 1st Ave. I didn’t know it was possible to knock out that ride in 17 minutes. We only made about 3 or 4 stops too which was surprising to me given the high ridership of the M15 in general. But man when you catch a driver who doesn’t play any games you notice a difference in travel time compared to those who are slow and just crawl at 20mph. 

On a subject unrelated to buses but 14th street in general I wonder how the ridership of the (M) is doing since being extended along 6th Ave on the weekends. The M14 has picked up so I’m sure the (M) has as well.