BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the hell did I just see XD40s with B6 signage and people in them while walking down Ave P? What is that detour even going around?

I'm guessing something with late night construction where Ave P/Kings Hwy/Bay Pkwy converge, because this evening seeing B82s on P.

These seats have been around for a while, at least in Manhattan. I think they're only putting those seats on the buses with the rows in the back (suburban arrangement?).

There was a line of four M42s going westbound. I was on the second one after the first one was too packed, and then it terminated at 7th Avenue (the sign said '8 AV'). I ended up waiting for the next one.

Also saw on BusTime that there were six M11s going southbound within 8 blocks of each other. Did the parade on 42nd Street cause all of these delays?

So I was on the Q113 LTD #3757 this evening and when I walked on, I notice the seats look different.

Q113%20LTD%20new%20seat%203757_zpshggqxcQ113%20LTD%20new%20seats_zpsi7bvtdht.jpgQ113%20LTD%20new%20seats%203757_zps5kdxg

These seats have been around for a while, at least in Manhattan. I think they're only putting those seats on the buses with the rows in the back (suburban arrangement?).

There was a line of four M42s going westbound. I was on the second one after the first one was too packed, and then it terminated at 7th Avenue (the sign said '8 AV'). I ended up waiting for the next one.

Also saw on BusTime that there were six M11s going southbound within 8 blocks of each other. Did the parade on 42nd Street cause all of these delays?

All of the buses with the cloth seating have been or are being replaced with those seats. They are MUCH cleaner to sit on, don't require as much maintenance and are actually FAR more comfortable.  

Last night I'm on a northbound Q50 where a rider is trying to push the back door open when the bus is on the New England Thruway. How dumb could one be?

I usually see that with dumb people mashing on the back doors like the bus is on fire before it's even stopped and the green light has come on. It's really annoying that so many New Yorkers still can't follow basic directions of "wait for green light, push yellow tape."

I usually see that with dumb people mashing on the back doors like the bus is on fire before it's even stopped and the green light has come on. It's really annoying that so many New Yorkers still can't follow basic directions of "wait for green light, push yellow tape."

Lol like people asking the bus driver oh does this bus go to Flushing. Come on like can that destination sign get any clearer? I see people get mad all the time when a Limited bus passes the local only stop and have the nerve to get mad.

Two things:

The M100 short turn to 5th Avenue is new or no? Wasn't listed on TTMG at last check.

1225 was being towed at Sedgwick Avenue today.

The codes that TTMG have are a few years old. Probably around 2011 or 2012 because I've notice signs that are modified and new short turns. Hopefully soon they will update them but it is no big deal.

Roof exterior ads back in Brooklyn Division.

Hopefully soon the 30x215, 30x240 ads and rear wraps can make a return in Brooklyn.

I know it has been talked about in the past with these ads can pose a maintenance issue especially with rear wraps on RTS.

Instead of raising bus and train fare prices. Try to find different advertising alternatives especially with the outside boroughs.

I'm liking the way the (MTA) express buses have the left side wraps on the drivers side similar to NJ transit and Academy buses.

Hope they expand to local buses in Manhattan and possibly Brooklyn.

Two things:

The M100 short turn to 5th Avenue is new or no? Wasn't listed on TTMG at last check.

1225 was being towed at Sedgwick Avenue today.

They do it every now and again to turn back buses around and put them on schedule

Last year, I visit my grandmother, who lives in Cambria Heights, Queens. I was not in a rush to get there and it was my first time taking the bus there and usually my father would drive me there.  So I had took either the Q113 LTD or Q114 LTD to Linden Blvd and walked to Merrick Blvd and transfer to the Q4. I did looked at the bus map on my phone before I left and I didn't realise that I could of gotten off at Guy R. Brewer and Farmbria Blvd and transfer to the Q3 and transfer again to the Q4. It was my first time also to ride the Q3 & Q4 and both routes was great. Now last week, I was at Jamaica Ave taking care of things and I decided to walk to 165th street bus terminal and take the Q3 to Guy R. Brewer and Farmbria Blvd to transfer to the Q113 LTD. This was around 3:30pm and Hillside Av was busy.