Which members of NYC Transit Forums have you met or spoke to in person?

Coney Island Av

i'm just curious who is actually friends with one another on this site. I have seen a few members before on fantrips. I'll try to meet/speak to members such as @Union Tpke on fantrips in the future. 

I'll start us off with members I've seen in person:

@Around the Horn

@Union Tpke 

@Fan Railer

@Dj Hammers (actually spoke to him once) 

• 4 months later...
On 2/16/2018 at 3:02 PM, LGA Link N train said:

The only people on here I have met in person.

@bulk88 I met at a TransportationCamp event

@justhafacts who encouraged me to join these forums.

@MTA Rail Fan who is one of my friends from school and says he knows @Dj Hammers 

update that list. I met @Dj Hammers and saw whom I was told was @Fan Railer but we didn't speak to each other

I also passed @Coney Island Av without even knowing

This was all at the parade of trains

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

@Dj Hammers @Mr Railfan  @Fan Railer@ScreechyFlange @Around the Horn @M. Friday 1986@brokecrazy

And now,

@Via Garibaldi 8

I know that I have seen other members of the forum withoug knowing who they are.

You may see me again at another meeting depending on how things go. Had to split last night to get my Uber.

• 1 month later...

Off the top of my head I've met the following people in-person (there's probably more I'm forgetting offhand): @Union Tpke, @GojiMet86, @BrooklynBus, @Dj Hammers, @Mysterious2train, @Amtrak7, @BrooklynIRT, @LRG@FamousNYLover, and @Via Garibaldi 8

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Haven't exactly met them, but I have seen Pinepower (more times than I would have liked to) & FamousNYLover (once... don't remember where though; too long a time ago).....

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I'm sure I've seen some bus fan on one of my express buses, but I wouldn't dare speak to them. I'm just an every day commuter. 

This is also my attitude.... When I have someone out there that wanted/wants me arrested for "harassment" (idle threat or not), I'm especially simply not interested in meeting anyone on any forum..... What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas & that goes double for any internet forum.....

7 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

This is also my attitude.... When I have someone out there that wanted/wants me arrested for "harassment" (idle threat or not), I'm especially simply not interested in meeting anyone on any forum..... What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas & that goes double for any internet forum.....

I will say this though... These transit fans need to calm the hell down.  They get on the express bus with no manners, running like they're never going to get a seat. I almost gave this young one a good whack. You want to sit all the way in the back fine, but the magic word is EXCUSE ME!  Seems like this generation coming up here was never told anything about manners. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

On 9/4/2018 at 10:28 AM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I will say this though... These transit fans need to calm the hell down.  They get on the express bus with no manners, running like they're never going to get a seat. I almost gave this young one a good whack. You want to sit all the way in the back fine, but the magic word is EXCUSE ME!  Seems like this generation coming up here was never told anything about manners. 

Speaking of Generations, there's too many .... (hmmm, how do I put this?)

Too many teens up to no good, or something  (I'm not sure how to describe it well) 

One thing that I know (and that my dad has told me on a couple of instances) my generation is f***ked up. That (to me) doesn't want to make you imagine the next generation.

9 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Speaking of Generations, there's too many .... (hmmm, how do I put this?)

Too many teens up to no good, or something  (I'm not sure how to describe it well) 

One thing that I know (and that my dad has told me on a couple of instances) my generation is f***ked up. That (to me) doesn't want to make you imagine the next generation.

I think things have just worsened in some cases. It's a problem in my generation too. Creativity and innovation is something that seems to be good with this generation but I'd say selfishness has worsened. My generation is very self centered. It's just progressed with yours. lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't met anyone, but I saw @Around the Horn in early July taking photos of an R179 (A) at Mott Av. (was when my profile picture was taken). I didn't realize it was him shooting the photos until now when I looked through his flikr and saw the photos were dated the same. Wish I'd known sooner, small world...

5 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Haven't met anyone, but I saw @Around the Horn in early July taking photos of an R179 (A) at Mott Av. (was when my profile picture was taken). I didn't realize it was him shooting the photos until now when I looked through his flikr and saw the photos were dated the same. Wish I'd known sooner, small world...

Wow, its a really small world :lol:

19 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Wow, its a really small world :lol:

I see a lot of people in the Community (some of whom are on here) since I ride the trains a lot and run them for a living. It's fun piecing together who's who from looking up the footage later.

20 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Speaking of Flickr, I haven’t uploaded anything on there in a while. Might as well go on a Posting Spree